Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Union Government observed 25 December 2014 as Good Governance Day on the birthday of?
Ans. Atal Bihari Vajpayee
2) Who was honoured with the Yash Chopra Memorial Award on 23 December 2014?
Ans. Amitabh Bachchan
3) India on 20 December 2014 won the Men and Women title of Kabaddi World Cup 2014. Where was the event held?
Ans. Jalandhar, Punjab, India.
4) Who was elected as the President of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) on 20 December 2014?
Ans. Jyotsna Suri, Chairperson of Bharat Hotels
5) Who was recently appointed as the ambassador of Cricket World Cup 2015?
Ans. Sachin Tendulkar
6) Who was on 19 December 2014 appointed as the Chairman of the reconstituted Indian Banks’ Association committee on Member Private Sector Banks for 2014-15?
Ans. Shyam Srinivasan
Note: He is the CEO of Federal Bank.
7) Which section of Indian Penal Code (IPC) was in news recently as Union Home Ministry decided to remove this Section, thus decriminalizing attempt to suicide?
Ans. Section 309
8) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 23 December 2014 extended the deadline for exchanging pre-2005 of various denominations to?
Ans. 30 June 2015
9) Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpee and freedom fighter Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya (posthumously) were selected for Bharat Ratna recently. In which year Bharat Ratna was instituted?
10) National Consumers Right Day was observed across India on? - 24 December
11) National Mathematics Day was celebrated on 22 December every year on whose birthday?
Ans. Srinivasa Ramanujan
12) India on 20 December 2014 exported CGS Barracuda offshore patrol vessel (OPV) to which country?
Note: This is the first warship ordered by a foreign country from shipyard of India.
13) Name the Mission launched by Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on 25 December 2014 to achieve full immunization coverage for all children by 2020?
14) Which country recently successfully test-launched Angara-A5 rocket?
15) Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL) on 22 December 2014 bagged a 16.96 million Euro contract for a thermal power project in which country?
16) Union Government recently released Calendar for the year 2015 with the theme?
Ans. Clean India Green India
17) Which was named as the most important scientific Breakthrough of the Year 2014 by Science journal recently?
Ans. European space mission Rosetta
18) Union Ministry of Home Affairs on 23 December 2014 set up a committee to examine the possibility of constitution of a Special Investigation Team (SIT) for reinvestigation of the 1984 anti-Sikh riot cases. Who will head the committe?
Ans. former Supreme Court Judge Justice (retired) G.P. Mathur.
19) Who was appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Coal India Ltd (CIL) on 23 December 2014?
Ans. S Bhattacharya
20) Which country won Gold in World Youth Under-16 Chess Olympiad on 22 December 2014?
Note: Event was held at Gyor, Hungary.
21) Union Cabinet on 23 December 2014 approved promulgation of an Ordinance to hike Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) cap in the insurance sector to?
Ans. 49 percent
22) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 22 December 2014 licensed which subsidiary of Ford Motor Credit Company to operate as a non-banking financial company (NBFC) in India?
Ans. Ford Credit India
23) Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) on 19 December 2014 has partnered with which company to transform Surat into a smart city?
Ans. Microsoft India
24) Book titled Why I Assassinated Gandhi written by Nathuram Godse and Gopal Godse was in news in during December 2014 for what?
Ans. First revised edition of book was published by Delhi-based Farsight Publishers and Distributors.
25) Which country on 23 December 2014 launched its largest ever missile warship named Tuo Chiang?