Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Name the Australian cricket player who died on 27 November 2014 after a bouncer ball of Sean Abbott hit back of his head during a Sheffield Game at Sydney Cricket Ground in Australia?
Ans. Phillip Hughes
2) 18th South Asian Association of Regional Cooperation (SAARC) summit was held from 26 November 2014 to 27 November 2014 at?
Ans. Kathmandu, Nepal
3) Who was on 26 November 2014 appointed as new Secretary General of the Lok Sabha?
Ans. Anoop Mishra
4) Which bank on 25 November 2014 became first bank in India to fully own an insurance business?
Ans. Kotak Mahindra Bank
Note: This was after Reserve Bank of India (RBI) gave permission to set up a wholly-owned non-life insurance company called Kotak General Insurance.
5) Which Indian was appointed as UN Women Goodwill Ambassador for South Asia on 25 November 2014?
Ans. Sania Mirza
6) International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women was recently observed across the world on?
Ans. 25 November 2014
7) Housing finance company DHFL on 20 November 2014 named whom as its brand ambassador?
Ans. Shah Rukh Khan
8) Who won the FIDE World Chess Championship 2014 played at Sochi, Russia defeating Viswanathan Anand of India on 23 November 2014?
Ans. Magnus Carlsen
9) Who was on 24 November 2014 chosen as the next chairperson of the Press Council of India (PCI)?
Ans. Justice Chandramauli Kumar (CK). He is the former Supreme Court (SC) judge.
10) Which country defeated France to win their first-ever Davis Cup of Tennis on 23 November 2014?
11) Who became the F1 World champion 2014 on 23 November 2014 by winning the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (GP)?
Ans. Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton
12) Who was appointed as chairman of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on 23 November 2014?
Ans. Deepak Gupta
13) Who won the 2014 Macau Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton title on 30 November 2014?
Ans. PV Sindhu
14) Which regulatory body on 28 November 2014 issued final guidelines for the Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS)?
Ans. Reserve Bank of India
15) Union Government on 28 November 2014 nominated whom as a Director on the Central Board of Directors of Reserve Bank of India?
Ans. Rajiv Mehrishi
16) Name the latest book of author Ravinder Singh which was released on 20 November 2014?
Ans. Your Dreams Are Mine Now: She Showed him What Love was
17) Union Government on 27 November 2014 launched Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) Scheme or E-visa to how many countries?
Ans. 43 countries
18) Name the Pakistani actress who was sentenced to 26 years in jail on 26 November 2014 by an Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) for blasphemy?
Ans. Veena Malik
19) Manoj Kumar on 26 November 2014 received the prestigious Arjuna Award is a famous?
20) National Milk Day was recently celebrated on 26 November to mark the 93rd birth anniversary of?
Ans. Dr. Verghese Kurien
21) Pope Francis on 23 November 2014 conferred sainthood on two Indians named?
Ans. Father Kuriakose Elias Chavara and Sister Euphrasia
22) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 27 November 2014 released guidelines for Licensing of which type of banks?
Ans. Payments Banks
23) Namsai on 25 November 2014 officially became the 18th district of which state?
Ans. Arunachal Pradesh
24) State Bank of India (SBI) Mutual Fund (MF) announced on 26 November 2014 that it will launch?
Ans. Shariah Equity Fund
25) Japan based Nippon Life Insurance on 26 November 2014 announced to hike its stake in which group of India?
Ans. Anil Ambani-led Reliance Capital Asset Management (RCAM)
26) Union Government on 25 November 2014 announced Swachh Bharat Kosh. What is the aim of this programme?
Ans. To build toilets in schools of rural and urban areas with the objective of cleanliness across India.
27) Name the Legendary Kathak danseuse who died on 25 November 2014 at Jaslok Hospital in Mumbai?
Ans. Sitara Devi
28) Name the Senior Congress leader and former Union Minister who died after a prolonged illness on 24 November 2014?
Ans. Murli Deora
29) Lok Sabha on 27 November 2014 passed the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Orders Amendment Bill, 2014. The bill seeks to include more castes under Scheduled Castes category in which four states?
Ans. Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Tripura.
30) Who was crowned Male Athlete of the Year at the 2014 USA Swimming Golden Goggle Awards on 24 November 2014?
Ans. Michael Phelps
31) Name the US Defence Secretary who resigned on 24 November 2014?
Ans. Chuck Hagel
32) Which state on 25 November 2014 reversed the retirement age of government employees from 60 to 58 years?
33) Supreme Court of India on 27 November 2014 observed that which Indian Premier League (IPL) team should be disqualified without any further enquiry?
Ans. Chennai Super Kings (CSK)
34) Name the book penned by President of India Pranab Mukherjee which will be released on 11 December 2014?
Ans. The Dramatic Decade: The Indira Gandhi Years
35) NASA on 28 November 2014 celebrated the 50th anniversary of its first mission to Mars called?
Ans. Mariner 4
36) Major General Gadi Eizenkot was on 29 November 2014 appointed as the 21st Chief of Staff of?
Ans. Israel Defence Forces (IDF)
37) Name the two Indian authors who were among the list of five authors shortlisted for DSC Prize for the year 2015?
Ans. Jhumpa Lahiri and Writer critic Shamsur Rahman Faruqi
38) Which city on 28 November 2014 banned smoking in all indoor public spaces like workplaces and public transport vehicles?