Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Who was named as the TIME’s Person of the Year 2014 on 10 December 2014 by the TIME’s magazine?
Ans. Ebola fighters
2) Indian Blind Cricket team on 7 December 2014 won the fourth edition of the Blind Cricket World Cup (BCWC) 2014 by defeating which country in the final?
Note: The final held at Wally Wilson Cricket Ground in Cape Town, South Africa. The captain of the Indian team was Shekar Naik.
3) India on 7 December 2014 set the Guinness Record for largest human formation of a national flag in the world. Where was this event held?
4) Which US-based taxi service was in news recently as Delhi Government banned its services in the national capital?
Ans. Uber taxi service
5) Who recently became the first Indian-American to be appointed as US Ambassador to India?
Ans. Richard Rahul Verma
6) Human Rights Day was observed globally on 10 December 2014 with the theme?
Ans. Human Rights 365
7) Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzai received Nobel Peace Prize for the year 2014 on 10 December 2014. Where was the award ceremony held?
Ans. Oslo, Norway
8) Union Home Ministry on 10 December 2014 removed which section of Indian Penal Code (IPC) decriminalizing attempt to suicide?
Ans. Section 309
9) Which bank recently launched India’s first credit card with a unique transparent design and a distinctive look, in association with American Express?
Ans. ICCI Bank
10) Indian Communication Satellite GSAT-16 was on 7 December 2014 launched successfully from?
Ans. Kourou space port in French Guiana
Note: GSAT-16 carries a total of 48 communication transponders, the largest by a communication satellite developed by the ISRO so far.
11) International Cricket Council (ICC) on 7 December 2014 suspended which Pakistani player from bowling in international cricket with immediate effect for illegal bowling action?
Ans. Mohammad Hafeez
12) Andhra Pradesh Government on 8 December 2014 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with which country for the development of its new capital that is set to come up near Vijawayada region?
13) World’s first handcrafted herbal Holy Quran was unveiled on 8 December 2014 in?
14) State Bank of India (SBI) on 9 December 2014 launched two indices namely the SBI Monthly Composite Index and the SBI Yearly Composite Index. What is the aim of these indices?
Ans. To primarily track manufacturing and services activity to determine contraction and expansion of the Indian economy.
15) Advanced version of Mark-II Pinaka Rocket was successfully test fired on 9 December 2014 from?
Ans. Chandipur, Odisha
Prepared by: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
16) Which Nobel Laureate was in news recently because he auctioned his Nobel Prize medal for 4.8 million US dollars, thus becoming the first living recipient to auction the Nobel Prize medal?
Ans. James D Watson
Note: He was awarded the Nobel Prize for the discovery of the structure of DNA in 1962.
17) Which Australian Cricketer player on 12 December 2014 completed 1000 Test runs in 2014, becoming the first opener to achieve the feat in one calendar year since England skipper Alastair Cook in 2012?
Ans. David Warner
18) Which former South African cricketer was on 5 December 2014 appointed as the mentor and batting consultant for Indian Premier League (IPL) team Kolkata Knight Rider (KKR)?
Ans. Jacques Kallis
19) Nation remembered and paid homage to martyrs of Parliament attack on ......th anniversary of Parliament attack on 13 December 2014?
20) Delhi High Court on 10 December 2014 banned which chinese handset maker to sell phones in India over patent issue with Ericsson?
21) International Anti-Corruption Day was observed by the United Nations on?
Ans. 9 December
22) Which state government on 8 December 2014 launched the 'M One app' that will provide a platform for m-governance in the State?
23) Who was awarded Swiss Ambassador's Award in Mumbai on 3 December 2014?
Ans. Azim Premji, Wipro Chairman
24) Which Indian playback singer was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 11th Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF) held in Dubai on 10 December 2014?
Ans. Asha Bhosle
25) Which Indian won Miss Universal Peace & Humanity 2014 at Beirut, Lebanon on 10 December 2014?
Ans. Ruhi Singh
26) First Arabic translation of Indian Constitution was launched on 9 December 2014 at?
Ans. Cairo, Egypt.
27) 15th Indo-Russian Bilateral Annual Summit was recently held at?
Ans. New Delhi
Note: President Vladimir Putin of Russia visited India to hold the summit on the invitation of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
28) Name the Indian who was appointed as an honorary member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) recently?
Ans. Randhir Singh
29) Olympian Grihanandan Singh who died on 7 December 2014 in New Delhi was famous in which sport?
30) The Committee on Leveraging the Post Office Network on 4 December 2014 submitted its report to the Union Ministry of Communications and Information Technology. Who headed the committee?
Ans. Former Cabinet Secretary TSR Subramanian
31) Armed Forces Flag Day was observed recently across the nation on?
Ans. 7 December