1) PV Sindhu wins second successive Macau Open: Two-time World Championship bronze medallist P V Sindhu lifted her first title of the season by successfully defending the USD 120,000 Macau Grand Prix Gold trophy after seeing off Kim Hyo Min of Korea in the women's singles finals. World No. 11 Sindhu prevailed over 91st-ranked, Kim 21-12 21-17 in the summit clash that lasted 45 minutes at the Tap Seac Multisport Pavilion. The bronze-medallist at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games, Sindhu faced tough competition from Kim, who had come into the finals after beating seventh seed Chinese Yu Sun but the experienced Indian held her nerves to stave off the challenge from the Korean.
2) Euro 2016 mascot named Super Victor: The mascot for the the 2016 European football championship in France has been named Super Victor in a vote of internet users, it was announced on 30 Nov 2014. The name for the cartoon character boy dressed as a footballer in blue and white with a red cape and number 16 jersey was preferred to Driblou and Goalix. Euro 2016 will take place in France from June 10 to July 10, 2016.
3) Kerala wins 30th National Junior Athletics Championship 2014: For the third time in a row, Kerala emerged the overall champion with 528.5 points in the Jio 30th National Junior Athletic championship that concluded at the IGMC Stadium in Vijayawada, Andhrapradesh.
4) Russian film 'Leviathan' wins Golden Peacock at IFFI 2014: Russian director Andrey Zvyaginstev's survival drama 'Leviathan' won the coveted Golden Peacock award while Marathi movie 'Ek Haazarachi Note' bagged the centenary trophy for best film at the 45th International Film Festival of India (IFFI), which concluded in Goa on 30 November 2014. 'Leviathan' star Alexel Serebriakov shared the best actor award with Dulal Sarkar of 'Chotoder Chobi'. Both the actors received the honour from Minister of State (Information and Broadcasting) Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore and Jackie Shroff. The best actress award was shared by Cuban actress Arina Rodriguez and Israeli actress Sarit Larry.
5) Priyanka Chopra, Freida Pinto launched ‘Girl Rising’ campaign: Hail the women power! Priyanka Chopra and Freida Pinto launched a multi-level global campaign, ‘Girl Rising’, on November 29 in New Delhi, which includes a documentary film featuring the two stars and seven other Bollywood actresses, to spread awareness about importance of girls’ education.
6) Modi slipped to second spot in TIME's 'Person of the Year' poll: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has slipped to the second place in the Time magazine's 'Person of the Year' poll with the Ferguson protesters surging ahead of him in a vote by the readers. As per latest reports, Modi is leading second with 9.8 per cent of the total votes polled so far while the Ferguson protesters are leading with 10.8 per cent of the votes. Joshua Wong, face of the Hong Kong pro-democracy movement, is placed third.
7) Petrol price cut by 91 paise/litre, diesel by 84 paise: State-run oil marketing companies have slashed petrol prices by 91 paise per litre from Monday and diesel prices by 84 paise. This is the seventh consecutive reduction in petrol prices in the last four months and the third cut in diesel prices since October 18 when the Cabinet deregulated the fuel. Brent crude fell to a new four year low on Friday after the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) decided not to cut output despite a slide in prices.
8) Baichung Bhutia conferred AFC 'Hall of Fame' Award: Former Indian national football team captain Baichung Bhutia was on 30 November 2014 honoured with the AFC Hall of Fame Award on occasion of the Asian Football Confederation's 60th anniversary. FIFA president Sepp Blatter presented the award to Baichung on the Awards Night. AIFF president Praful Patel was also present as were a host of other dignitaries from all over the footballing World.