1) Bharatiya Janata Party, along with its ally, the All Jharkhand Students’ Union (AJSU) won a total of 43 seats in the Jharkhand assembly elections, the result of which was declared on 23 December 2014. Total how many seats are there in Jharkhand Assembly?
2) Which country on 23 December 2014 carried out the first test launch of a new heavy-class Angara A5 rocket?
3) K Balachander who died on 23 December 2014 was an acclaimed filmmaker in which industry?
4) Indian cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar, was recently named as the International Cricket Council ambassador for the second successive edition for the World Cup to be held in 2015 at?
(A) England and Ireland
(B) India and Sri Lanka
(C) Australia and New Zealand
(D) South Africa and Kenya
5) RBI on 23 December 2014 extended the deadline for exchanging pre-2005 currency notes to?
(A) March 31, 2015
(B) January 31, 2015
(C) June 30, 2015
(D) September 30, 2015
6) Union Ministry of Home Affairs on 23 December 2014 set up a committee to examine the possibility of constitution of a Special Investigation Team (SIT) for reinvestigation of the 1984 anti-Sikh riot cases. Who will head the committee?
(A) Justice (retired) G.P. Mathur
(B) Justice (retired) Markandey Katju
(C) Justice (retired) R.M Lotha
(D) Justice (retired) Ashok Kumar Mathur
7) Which party emerged as the largest party in Jammu & Kashmir Assembly elections of 2014, results for which were declared on 23 December 2014?
(A) Jammu & Kashmir National Conference (NC)
(B) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
(C) Jammu & Kashmir People Conference
(D) Jammu & Kashmir Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
8) Kisan Diwas was observed across the country on 23 December 2014 to celebrate the birthday of?
(A) Madan Mohan Malviya
(B) Chaudhary Charan Singh
(C) Lal Bahadur Shastri
(D) Lala Lajpat Rai
9) Who won the Golden Boot Award for the top scorer of Indian Super League 2014?
(A) Sandesh Jhingan
(B) Iain Hume
(C) Elano Blumer
(D) Jan Seda
10) The data for the Sample Registration Survey (SRS), conducted by the Registrar General of India (RGI), was released on 22 December 2014. As per the report, in how many states the Total Fertility Rate has fallen below two children per woman?
1) Ans. (D) 81
2) Ans. (B) Russia
3) Ans. (A) Tamil
4) Ans. (C) Australia and New Zealand
5) Ans. (C) June 30, 2015
6) Ans. (A) Justice (retired) G.P. Mathur
7) Ans. (D) Jammu & Kashmir Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
8) Ans. (B) Chaudhary Charan Singh
9) Ans. (C) Elano Blumer
10) Ans. (D) 8