Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Which person/organization was chosen for Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for 2014 on 19 November 2014?
Ans. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
2) Who was on 20 November 2014 honoured with the centenary award for Indian Film Personality of the year 2014 at the 45th International Film Festival of India (IFFI)?
3) Who received the prestigious BCCI-instituted Colonel C K Nayudu Lifetime achievement award on 21 November 2014?
Ans. Dilip Vengsarkar
4) Name the Indian shuttlers who were on 16 November 2014 clinched women’s and men’s singles title respectively in the China Open Super Series Premier of Badminton held in Fuzhou, China?
Ans. Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth
5) Which country will be the host to the Group of Twenty (G20) Summit of the emerging economies in 2016?
6) Union Government on 18 November 2014 relaunched Kisan Vikas Patra scheme (KVP) to encourage the habit of small savings among the citizens. KVP will be available through?
Ans. Post Offices
Note: With a maturity period of 8 years 4 months, the collections under the scheme will be available with the Union Government for a fairly long period to be utilized in financing developmental plans of the Centre and State Governments.
7) Name the 18-year-old Indian American who was awarded with the prestigious International Children’s Peace Prize 2014 on 18 November 2014?
Ans. Neha Gupta
8) Suresh Raina on 17 November 2014 became co-owner of which Hockey India League (HIL) franchise team?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh Wizards
9) Who has resigned as Chief Coach of Indian hockey team on 18 November 2014 after his contractual talks with Hockey India (HI) and the Sports Authority of India (SAI) broke down?
Ans. Terry Walsh
10) Name the scheme approved by Union Government on 20 November 2014 to provide access of electricity to rural households across the country?
Ans. Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DUGJY)
11) Who will be the Chief Guest at 66th India’s Republic Day celebrations 2015 as announced recently?
Ans. US President Barack Obama
12) Which word was recently selected as Oxford Dictionary Word of the Year 2014?
13) The G20 Summit 2014 of emerging economies concluded in which city of Australia on 16 November 2014?
14) Name the surface-to-air missile which was test fired by the Indian Air Force (IAF) from Integrated Test Range at Chandipur near Balasore, Odisha on 17 November 2014?
15) International Buddhist Conference 2014 was held from 15 November to 18 November 2014 at?
Ans. Lumbini, Nepal
16) Supreme Court on 20 November 2014 directed the then CBI Director Ranjit Sinha to withdraw himself from which case?
Ans. 2G case
17) Which bank won the Custodian of the Year 2014 award on 15 November 2014?
Ans. Deutsche Bank
18) Name the fourth India-China Joint Training Exercise which began at Aundh Military Station in Pune, Maharashtra on 17 November 2014?
Ans. Hand-in-Hand 2014
19) Who was on 14 November 2014 conferred with the IIM- JRD Tata Award for Excellence in Corporate leadership in Metallurgical Industries for the year 2014?
Ans. CS Verma
Note: He is the Chairman of Steel Authority of India (SAIL).
20) Which company launched its own free Web-based e-mail service, Verse on 18 November 2014?
21) Who was crowned champion of ATP World Tour finals at O2 Arena in London, UK on 16 November 2014?
Ans. Novak Djokovic
22) Who will be the new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Coal India Limited (CIL) as announced on 19 November 2014?
Ans. Sutirtha Bhattacharya
23) Which zoo in India is set to become the first zoo in the world to have the critically endangered Pygmy Hog?
Ans. Assam Zoo
24) Who was conferred with the Sumitra Charat Ram Award 2014 for Lifetime Achievement on 17 November 2014?
Ans. Veteran classical vocalist Pandit Jasraj
25) Which non-government organisation was conferred the Deutsche Bank Urban Age Award, 2014 on 15 November 2014?
26) Union Government on 17 November 2014 nominated whom as a Director on the Central Board of Directors of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
Ans. Dr. Hasmukh Adhia
27) 25th Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit was held from 12 November 2014 to 13 November 2014 at?
Ans. Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
28) 9th East Asia Summit was recently held at?
Ans. Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar