1) Union government on 29 December 2014 has given its nod for ordinance route to amend which act, which will benefit People of Indian Origin (PIO) and will give them benefits like life-long visa and exemption from appearing before the local police station on every visit etc?
(A) Citizenship Act, 1955
(B) Citizenship Act, 1947
(C) Citizenship Act, 1950
(D) Citizenship Act, 1983
2) Union Cabinet on 29 December 2014 has approved a proposal to take the ordinance route to amend the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act of which year?
3) Union Government has reconstituted the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) on 29 December 2014 by nominating three new members. Who is the chairman of NDMA?
(A) President of India
(B) Prime Minister
(C) Lok Sabha Speaker
(D) Any person nominated by Union Government
4) As of 24 December 2014, 10 crore accounts have been opened under the PMJDY scheme with a collective deposit amounting to Rs 7,690.89 crore, thus achieveing the target well before the target date. What was the target date for opening 10 crore accounts accounts under PMJDY fixed initially?
(A) January 1, 2015
(B) March 31, 2015
(C) August 15, 2015
(D) January 26, 2015
5) Department of Disability Affairs (Nishaktata Karya Vibhag) functioning under which Ministry on 29 December 2014 renamed as the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Viklangjan Sashaktikaran Vibhag)?
(A) Ministry of Minority Affairs
(B) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
(C) Ministry of Labour
(D) Ministry of Home Affairs
6) Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister on 29 December 2014 approved the infusion of RS. 60 crore in Industrial Finance Corporation of India (IFCI) Ltd. to make it a Government company. A contribution of Rs. 60 crore to the capital of the company would raise the shareholding of the Government to?
7) Government has recently decided to set up 'Saffron Production & Export Development Agency (SPEDA) to be headquartered at?
(A) Darjeeling, West Bengal
(B) Kottayam, Kerala
(C) Jaipur, Rajasthan
(D) Srinagar, J&K
8) Which mobile company on 29 December 2014 announced rolling back of plan to start charging customers for Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services?
9) Delhi on 28 December 2014 recorded the lowest temperature in past five years with the mercury dipping to 2.6 degrees Celsius. Delhi's all-time low of 1.1 degrees Celsius was recorded on 26 December of which year?
10) Which social networking site has recently apologized for the grief its "Year in Review" feature caused some of its users while dishing out good memories along with the bad ones?
1) Ans. (A) Citizenship Act, 1955
2) Ans. (C) 2013
3) Ans. (B) Prime Minister
4) Ans. (D) January 26, 2015
5) Ans. (B) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
6) Ans. (A) 51%
7) Ans. (D) Srinagar, J&K
8) Ans. (B) Airtel
9) Ans. (C) 1945
10) Ans. (A) Facebook