Current Affairs PDF October 2014
Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Which country won the Sultan of Johor Cup Under-21 Hockey title on 19 October 2014?
Note: The event was held at Taman Daya Hockey Stadium, Johor Bohru, Malaysia. In the finals, Indian team defeated Great Britain, 2-1.
2) India on 21 October 2014 was re-elected to the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) for the period of?
Ans. 2015 to 2017
3) Who was sworn in as seventh president of Indonesia on 20 October 2014?
Ans. Joko Widodo
4) Who won World Billiards Point Format Championship on 24 October 2014?
Ans. Pankaj Advani
Note: In the title clash played at Leeds, United Kingdom, Advani outplayed Singapore’s Peter Gilchrist, 6-2.
5) International Boxing Association (AIBA) on 22 October 2014 provisionally suspended which Indian boxer for protesting against a controversial verdict, at 2014 Incheon Asian Games?
Ans. Sarita Devi
6) World Health Organisation (WHO) on 20 October 2014 declared which country as Ebola free?
7) Which party won the state assembly elections of Haryana, the results of the elections which were announced by the Election Commission of India on 19 October 2014?
Ans. Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP)
Note: BJP secured 47 seats in 90 member assembly.
8) Union Government on 19 October 2014 decided to re-launch the modified DBT scheme in an effective manner. Expand DBT?
Ans. Direct Benefit Transfer
9) Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on 21 October 2014 decided to initiate legal proceedings against which Cricket Board (WICB) for abrupt cancellation of their tour to India?
Ans. West Indies
10) Union government on 19 October 2014 de-regulated the price of?
11) Which football player received the European Golden Boot Award on 16 October 2014 as being the top scorer of Europe in 2013 season?
Ans. Luis Suarez
12) Name the Indian men’s hockey team chief coach who resigned from his post on 21 October 2014 and later withdraw it?
Ans. Terry Walsh
13) Global Iodine Deficiency Disorders (GIDD) Prevention Day observed across the World on?Visit: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
Ans. 21 October 2014
14) Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) won how many seats in Maharashtra assembly elections held recently?
Ans. 122 seats
Note: BJP emerged as the largest party winning 122 of 288 seat assembly.
15) Which country on 17 October 2014 announced the inaugural Dadabhai Naoroji Awards to honour individuals who have worked to strengthen that countries relationship over the years with India?
16) Union Government on 20 October 2014 constituted which committee to provide Bankruptcy code for small and medium enterprises (SMEs)?
Ans. Vishwanathan committee
17) Who was conferred with the 2014 Liberty Medal on 21 October 2014 at the National Constitution Centre in Philadelphia?
Ans. Malala Yousafzai.
18) Name the Indian-American who was on 21 October 2014 appointed as Chief of Staff and Counselor in the National Security Division (NSD) of the US Justice Department?
Ans. Anita M Singh
19) Who became the first Indian woman to win prestigious Wildscreen Panda Award on 24 October 2014?
Ans. Ashwika Kapur
20) Who won the prestigious Sakharov human rights prize 2014 on 21 October 2014?
Ans. Denis Mukwege Mukengere, congolese gynaecologist.
21) Who was appointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Cairn India with effect from 17 November 2014?
Ans. Mayank Ashar
22) Name the five year old Indian boy who on 19 October 2014 became the youngest person to reach the Everest Base Camp (EBC)?
Ans. Harshit Saumitra