Download as PDF-Click Here
1) President Pranab Mukherjee on 10 November 2014 conferred the 49th Jnanpith Award on which eminent Hindi poet?
Ans. Kedarnath Singh
2) Name the Aadhar based Digital Life Certificate for pensioners launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 10 November 2014?
Ans. Jeevan Pramaan
3) Name the missile co-developed by India and Israel, which was successfully test-fired on 10 November 2014 from a range in Israel?
Ans. Long Range Surface-to-Air Missile (LRSAM)
Note: LRSAM is called Barak 8 missile in Israel.
4) Which team won Durand Cup on 8 November 2014?
Ans. Salgaocar FC
Note: 127th Durand Cup was played at the Raia Sports Complex, Goa.
5) Name the first smartphone launched by Microsoft with its own branding since it completed the acquisition of Nokia recently?
Ans. Microsoft Lumia 535
6) Indian cricketer Rohit Sharma on 13 November 2014 scored the highest ODI score ever of 264 runs against which country?
Ans. Sri Lanka
Note: With this he became the only cricketer to score two Double ODI centuries and also broke the record of highest ODI score of 219 runs made by Indian cricketer Virender Sehwag. He achieved this distinction during the 4th ODI between India and Sri Lanka played at Kolkata.
7) Social networking website Facebook on 13 November 2014 launched a personalised video creation tool called?
Ans. Say Thanks
8) Name the Bollywood Actor who was on 14 November 2014 appointed as UN Women Goodwill Ambassador for South Asia?
Ans. Farhan Akhtar
Note: Farhan is the first male ever to be chosen as a Goodwill Ambassador in the organization’s history.
9) Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari on 14 November 2014 decided to shift question hour in Rajya Sabha from 11 A.M. to 12 noon to?
Ans. 12 PM and 1 PM
10) Who was on 8 November 2014 sworn-in as 18th Chief Minister of Goa?
Ans. Laxmikant Yashwant Parsekar
11) Who became the fastest cricketer in the history to reach 6000 one-day international run mark on 9 November 2014?
Ans. Virat Kohli
12) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 9 November 2014 expanded his Council of Ministers. How many new ministers were inducted?
Note: 21 new ministers include four Cabinet Ministers, three Minister of State (Independent Charge) and 14 Minister of State.
13) Who was appointed as the Chairman of National Chemical Weapon Convention on 3 November 2014?
Ans. GS Sandhu
Note: Prior to this, he was serving as the financial services secretary in the Union Finance Ministry.
14) Which state recently became the first state in the country to have bank accounts for all families under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY)?
15) Name the ambassadors for ICC Cricket World Cup (CWC) 2015 announced by International Cricket Council (ICC) on 13 November 2014?
Ans. Virat Kohli, Mitchell Johnson, Brendon McCullum, Kumar Sangakkara and Shane Watson.
16) Name the nuclear-capable strategic ballistic missile test fired by India on 9 November 2014?
17) Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Summit was recently held at?
18) Sixth World Ayurveda Congress (WAC) was held from 6 to 9 November 2014 at?
Ans. New Delhi
19) Badminton World Federation (BWF) on 11 November 2014 provisionally suspended World No. 1 badminton player Lee Chong Wei due to an apparent anti-doping regulation violation. He is the player from which country?
20) A sterlisation tragedy that claimed lives of 15 women, leaving more than 100 women hospitalized has occurred recently in which state?
21) Name the Surface-to-surface nuclear-capable ballistic missile which was test-fired from a naval ship off the Odisha coast on 14 November 2014?
22) Prasar Bharti recently announced to re-launch DD National with new tagline called?
Ans. Doordarshan National – Desh Ka Apna Channel.
23) Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) in the second week of November 2014 decided to use which as a third language in schools of Kendriya Vidyalaya (KVs) in place of German language?
24) National Education Day (NED) was observed on 11 November 2014 to mark of the birth anniversary of?
Ans. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
25) Which firm acquired Cricbuzz.com on 11 November 2014?
Ans. Times Internet Ltd
Note: Cricbuzz.com is a leading cricket news and information destination on web and mobile.
26) Germany on 9 November 2014 celebrated the ....... anniversary of fall of the Berlin Wall?
27) Name the operation which was in news recently after the US Navy SEAL commando Robert O'Neill claimed that he is the one who shot Osama bin Laden at his Pakistan hideout in Abbottobad on 2 May 2011?
Ans. Operation Neptune Spear
28) Name the director of the famous television (TV) show Mahabharata who died on 12 November 2014?
Ans. Ravi Chopra
29) Public Service Broadcasting Day was recently observed across India on?
Ans. 12 November 2014
30) Reserve Bank of India on 10 November 2014 tightened its norms for NBFCs by requiring them to have a much stronger capital base. Expand NBFC?
Ans. Non-Banking Financial Companies
31) Indian Hockey team on 9 November 2014 won four match Men's Hockey Test series against which country, which is the world's No.1 ranked team?
32) Which zoo was on 1 November 2014 selected for the prestigious International Award The Earth Heroes Award 2014?
Ans. Darjeeling Zoo or the Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park
33) Who was on 12 November 2014 elected as new Speaker of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly?
Ans. Haribhau Bagde
34) President Pranab Mukherjee visited which country from 7-8 November 2014 in order to strengthen ties between the two countries?
35) Union Government launched which scheme on 14 November, on the birthday of first Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru?
Ans. National Bal Swachhta Mission
36) Name the nuclear capable surface-to-surface missile which was test-fired on 13 November 2014 at Chandipur, Odisha?
37) World Pneumonia Day was observed across world on 12 November 2014 with theme?
Ans. Universal access to pneumonia prevention and care