Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Former Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh on 3 November 2014 received the Japan’s top national award named?
Ans. The Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers 2014.
2) Name Sachin Tendulkar’s autobiography which was launched on 5 November 2014 in Mumbai?
Ans. Playing It My Way
3) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 5 November 2014 adopted which village in Varanasi (his constituency) under Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY)?
Ans. Jayapur Village
4) Forbes list of the World's Most Powerful People 2014 was released on 5 November 2014. Who topped the list?
Ans. Vladimir Putin, the Russian President.
Note: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi made his debut in the world's most powerful people list ranked 15th.
5) Who was on 5 November 2014 appointed as the new chairperson of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), the apex authority of the Income-Tax Department?
Ans. Anita Kapur, the senior IRS officer
6) Which team won the 2014-15 Duleep Trophy cricket tournament on 2 November 2014?
Ans. Central Zone
Note: They won by defeating South Zone in the finals played at Feroz Shah Kotla Ground, Delhi with 9 runs.
7) Justice Mukul Mudgal Committee on 3 November 2014 submitted its final report on IPL Spot fixing to?
Ans. Supreme Court of India
8) Which car's from India on 3 November 2014 failed the crash tests and got zero stars in safety rating for their adult occupant protection under the Global New Car Assessment Programme (NCAP)?
Ans. Maruti’s Swift and Nissan’s Datsun GO
9) Who won LG People’s Choice Award 2014 on 5 November 2014?
Ans. Bhuvneshwar Kumar
Note: He is the third Indian player to win the coveted prize and overall fourth cricketer to win this prize.
10) Name the Italian physicist who was on 4 November 2014 appointed as first woman chief of CERN particle physics research centre?
Ans. Fabiola Gianotti
Note: She became the first woman to be put in charge of a top global scientific institution in the field.
11) Which city in India recorded the largest number of internet users in 2014 as per a study conducted by the Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and released on 4 November 2014?
12) Who was named as the captain of ICC ODI Team of the Year 2014 recently?
Ans. Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni
13) Who was named as captain of the ICC Test Team of the Year 2014 on 5 November 2014?
Ans. Angelo Mathews, the Sri Lankan cricket captain
14) Which tech giant on 3 November 2014 announced launch of Indian Language Internet Alliance (ILIA) in partnership with various content providers?
Ans. Google India
15) Which company recently became the first listed Indian company among the 30 SENSEX firms to have more than 75 percent shareholding by Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs)?
16) Commemorative Postage stamp on Liver Transplantation in India was released on 4 November 2014 by the Department of Posts. In which year the first successful liver transplantation in India was done?
17) Which company completed the acquisition of Motorola Mobility from Google on 30 October 2014?
Ans. Lenovo, the Chinese PC maker
18) Which player received his 2013-14 European Golden Boot award on 5 November 2014?
Ans. Cristiano Ronaldo
Note: Portuguese star was awarded for being joint top-goal scorer last season in Europe along with Luis Suarez, having hit 31 goals.
19) Largest wind turbine manufacturer Suzlon Energy on 6 November 2014 installed the world’s tallest hybrid wind generator turbine at?
Ans. Kutch, Gujarat
20) Union Cabinet on 4 November 2014 approved dissolution of legislative assembly of which state?
21) Which telecom company on 5 November 2014 called off the 700 crore rupees deal with Loop Mobile?
22) India and which country on 7 November 2014 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to develop Nalanda University in Bihar as an international centre of excellence?
23) Who was on 5 November 2014 appointed as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of e-retailer Flipkart?
Ans. Sanjay Baweja
24) National Cancer Awareness Day was recently observed on?
Ans. 7 November 2014
25) Which airlines on 6 November 2014 banned shipment of shark fins and committed to protect marine ecosystem?
Ans. Jet Airways
26) Who has resigned from the post of Goa Chief Minister on 8 November 2014?
Ans. Gopalkrishna Prabhu Parrikar
27) Name the Veteran Bollywood actor who died on 3 November 2014 at Mumbai?
Ans. Sadashiv Amrapurkar
28) Name the Hockey India President who on 2 November 2014 became a member of International Hockey Federation (FIH) Executive Board?
Ans. Narinder Batra
29) Name the tallest building in the US which was reopened for business thirteen years after the original twin towers were destroyed in the 9/11 terrorist attack?
Ans. World Trade Center