Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Who was on 31 October 2014 sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Maharashtra?
Ans. Devendra Gangadharrao Fadnavis
Note: He is the first BJP candidate to become CM of Maharashtra.
2) Who has sworn-in as the tenth Chief Minister of Haryana on 26 October 2014?
Ans. Manohar Lal Khattar
Note: He is the first ever BJP Chief Minister of the state.
3) Who was re-elected for her second four-year term on 26 October 2014 as Brazilian President?
Ans. Dilma Rousseff
4) Union Finance Ministry on 27 October 2014 launched a dedicated website for Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY). Name its URL?
5) World Polio Day was observed across the world on?
Ans. 24 October 2014
6) Sachin Tendulkar along with which other player has entered the Bradman Hall of Fame on 29 October 2014?
Ans. Steve Waugh, former Australian cricket captain
7) Rashtriya Ekta Diwas was observed on 31 October 2014 to commemorate the 139th birth anniversary of?
Ans. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
8) Who took charge as Union Finance Secretary under the Union Ministry of Finance on 31 October 2014?
Ans. Rajiv Mehrishi
9) Name the South Africa's football captain and goalkeeper who died on 26 October 2014 after being shot by burglars?
Ans. Senzo Meyiwa
10) Name the former Union Minister who was on 26 October 2014 designated as the head of Future Earth Engagement Committee, a global research platform panel on sustainable development?
Ans. Dilma Rousseff
11) Name the Telecom giant from Japan which on 27 October 2014 pledged to make an investment of 10 billion US dollars (over 60000 crore rupees) in India's IT and communications sector in coming years?
12) Who was elected Vice-President (VP) of Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) in Macau on 28 October 2014?
Ans. Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar
13) Who won the 2014 World’s Children Prize on 29 October 2014 after a global vote involving millions of children?
Ans. Malala Yousafzai
14) World Bank on 29 October 2014 released the Ease of Doing Business 2015 report. Which country secured 1st place?
15) Which country on 30 October 2014 became the first European Union (EU) country to officially recognise the State of Palestine?
16) All India Radio News Services Division on 29 October 2014 launched free SMS service in how many languages?
17) Name the welfare scheme for Tribal people launched by Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs on 28 October 2014?
Ans. Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana (VKY)
18) International Internet Day was observed globally on?
Ans. 29 October 2014
19) President Pranab Mukherjee on 25 October 2014 released a commemorative postage stamp on Sri Lankan Buddhist monk named?
Ans. Anagarika Dharmapala
20) Google CEO Larry Page on 26 October 2014 appointed which Indian as new Product Chief of Google?
Ans. Sundar Pichai
21) Para-swimmer Sharath Gayakwad on 26 October 2014 broke the 28-year old which record of P T Usha?
Ans. Winning the most medals at a multi-discipline event by an Indian.
Note: He won 6 medals at Asian Para Games in Incheon, South Korea. PT Usha won 5 medals at the 1986 Asian Games held in Seoul, South Korea.
22) India became the world’s ...... largest steel producer by delivering 62.41 Million Tonnes (MT) output from January 2014 to September 2014?
23) World Day for Audiovisual Heritage was observed across the world on 7 October 2014 with the theme?
Ans. Archives at Risk: Much more to do
24) Who was appointed as the Chairman of Prasar Bharti Board for a term of three years on 28 October 2014?
Ans. Surya Prakash
25) Name the Indian golfer who on 26 October 2014 won 900000 US dollar Venetian Macau Golf Open?
Ans. Anirban Lahiri
26) Who was appointed as chairman of India Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) on 27 October 2014?
Ans. Lokesh Chandra
27) India was on 29 October 2014 re-elected to which UN council?
Ans. United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
28) Harvard Business Review (HBR), in the issue of November 2014, named Jeff Bezos as best-performing CEO in the world. He is the CEO of?
29) World Economic Forum (WEF) on 28 October 2014 released the Global Gender Gap Report 2014. What was India's rank?
30) Union Finance Ministry on 27 October 2014 cancelled the current selection process for the posts of Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) and Executive Director (ED) of?
Ans. Public Sector Banks (PSBs)
31) Name the former Chairman of Union Carbide Corporation who was blamed for the 1984 Bhopal gas tragedy died recently?
Ans. Warren M Anderson