1) Anoop Mishra new Lok Sabha Secretary-General: Anoop Mishra, former Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary, will be the new Secretary-General of the Lok Sabha. Speaker Sumitra Mahajan announced the appointment on 26 November 2014. Mr. Mishra, a former IAS officer of the 1978 batch, will have the rank and status of Cabinet Secretary with effect from December 1, 2014 to November 30, 2016 or until further orders.
2) RBI allowed banks to extend loan against long-term bonds: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 27 November 2014 said banks could extend loans to individuals against long-term bonds issued by them. This would “provide liquidity to retail investors who are invested in long-term bonds issued by banks for financing infrastructure and affordable housing”, RBI said in a notification to banks.
3) Round the clock All India Security helpline ‘1800-111-322’ for train passengers is operational: Indian Railways has taken several steps for the security of train passengers. An All India Security Helpline ‘1800-111-322’ has been operational at railway Board to enable passengers to seek security related assistance round the clock.
4) Chinese prodigy knocks out Advani in World Snooker: China's 14-year-old Yan Bingtao broke Indian hearts by defeating title favourite Pankaj Advani 6-4 to storm into the men's semifinals at the IBSF World Snooker Championships on 28 November 2014. In a manner of speaking, the 29-year-old Advani, who came into the tournament as holder of 12 World titles and a hot favourite, virtually gifted the match to the Chinese prodigy who bounced back after trailing 0-2 with a break of 107 in the third frame and went on to win a tight match.
5) Parliament cleared Bill to amend labour laws: Parliament on 28 November 2014 cleared the Labour Laws (Exemption from Furnishing Returns and Maintaining Registers by Certain Establishments) (LLE) Amendment Bill, 2014, with the Lok Sabha giving its nod for the draft legislation that reduces small establishments’ obligations to file returns.
6) RBI issued final guidelines for the Bharat Bill Payment System: Reserve Bank of India on 28 November 2014 issued final guidelines for the Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS). The system will help consumers pay multiple bills like electricity, telephone and school fees at a single point of transaction. The BBPS is an integrated bill payment system offering inter-operable and accessible bill payment service to customers through a network of agents, enabling multiple payment modes, and providing instant confirmation of payment.
7) Railways to introduce Yatri Ticket Suvidha Kendra: With a view to expanding the facilities for issue of tickets (both reserved and unreserved), ministry of railways have decided to allow public private partnership (PPP) in establishment and operation of computerised Passenger Reservation System (PRS)- cum Unreserved Ticketing System (UTS) terminals at centres which shall be called Yatri Ticket Suvidha Kendra (YTSK). As per this scheme, all the authorised ticketing agents, who have worked for at least five years in providing railway ticketing (reserved/unreserved) services for passengers of Indian Railways, are eligible to become YTSK licensee.