1) Winter Session of Parliament to be held from 24 Nov to 23 Dec: The Winter Session of Parliament will be held from 24th November to 23rd December, it was officially announced on Friday. "The Third Session of Sixteenth Lok Sabha will commence on Monday, the 24th November. Subject to exigencies of Government Business, the Session is likely to conclude on Tuesday, the 23rd December", a Lok Sabha secretariat release said. Rajya Sabha has also been summoned to meet on 24th November for the Winter Session. It will conclude on 23rd December.
2) Misbah-ul-Haq equalled Viv Richards's record for the fastest Test century: Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq equalled the record of fastest Test century on Sunday, reaching the milestone in 56 balls during the second and final Test against Australia in Abu Dhabi. The 40-year-old hit Mitchell Starc of Australia for consecutive boundaries to equal West Indies great Viv Richards's 1986 record against England at St John's, Antigua. Pakistan stood six wickets away from a memorable 2-0 series win against Australia at the end of the day.
3) PM shares "Mann Ki Baat" with citizens through Radio: The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, has said that recovery of black money from abroad is an article of faith, and a commitment for him. Sharing his thoughts with citizens on the programme "Mann Ki Baat" over All India Radio for the second time on Sunday, the Prime Minister said that though he was sure that countrymen trusted him on the matter of black money, still he wished to repeat his aim that whatever money had illegally gone abroad from India should return.
4) India thrashed Sri Lanka by 169 runs in 1st ODI: India thrashed Sri Lanka by 169 runs in the first one-day International to take lead in the five-match series at the Barabati Stadium in Cuttack on Sunday. Put into bat, Rahane struck 111 from 108 balls (13x4, 2x6) en route to his second ODI century while Dhawan returned to form with a 107-ball 113 (14x3, 3x6), his sixth overall. India :363/5 in 50 overs and Sri Lanka : 194 all out in 39.2 overs.
5) Central Zone win Duleep Trophy after miraculous 9-run win over South zone: Central Zone spinners, led by captain Piyush Chawla, weaved magic on a helpful track to steer the team to the Duleep Trophy title with a thrilling nine-run triumph over South Zone in New Delhi on Sunday. Chasing a victory target of 301, South needed 117 runs on the final day with nine wickets intact. But on a pitch that was offering substantial turn, South lost 7 wickets for 39 runs to hand over the trophy to Chawla and co.
6) 60 killed in suicide attack at Wagah border in Pakistan: At least 60 people, including children and security personnel have been killed and about 100 others injured in a powerful suicide blast in Pakistan at Wagah on Sunday, minutes after the popular flag- lowering ceremony at the main Indo-Pak land border crossing. "A large number of people were returning after watching Rangers flag ceremony at Wagah border when a suicide bomber blew himself up near one of the exit gates," Inspector General Police of Punjab Police Mushtaq Sukhera said. He said three Pakistan Rangers personnel were also among the dead.
7) Sachin Tendulkar‘s much waited autobiography, “Playing It My Way“to be released on Nov 6: Sachin Tendulkar‘s much waited autobiography, “Playing It My Way“, will be available on November 6. Tendulkar tweeted about this to inform his fans and followers about this book release. The highest run-scorer in the history of international cricket, Tendulkar retired in 2013 after playing for an astonishing 24 years.