Current Affairs PDF September 2014
Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Name the campaign launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 25 September 2014 to make India a manufacturing hub?
Ans. Make In India Campaign
Note: The campaign is aimed to attract foreign companies to set up their manufacturing units in India and to seek greater foreign investment.
2) Name the scheme launched by Union Government on 25 September 2014 aims at alleviating urban and rural poverty through enhancement of livelihood opportunities through skill development and other means?
Ans. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Antyodaya Yojana
3) Which film was selected as India’s official entry in the 2015 Oscars Awards on 23 September 2014?
Ans. Liar's Dice
Note: The hindi film is directed by Geethu Mohandas. The 87th Oscar Awards event will take place in the US on 22 February 2015. The movie stars national award winning actors Geetanjali Thapa and Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
4) India’s Mars Orbiter Mission, Manglayaan successfully entered the Martian orbit on?
Ans. 24 September 2014
Note: By achieving this fete, India created the history of becoming the first country to insert the spacecraft of the mission around the Mars in first attempt.
5) Which tech giant on 22 September 2014 announced to launch a nationwide contest to develop a mobile app for Prime Minister’s office (PMO)?
6) Name the rescue operation undertaken by Indian Army during Jammu and Kashmir floods recently?
Ans. Operation Megh Rahat
7) Name the Chief Minister of Maharashtra who has resigned on 26 September 2014 after his government was reduced to a minority?
Ans. Prithviraj Chavan
Note: Prepared by www. currentaffairs4examz.com His resignation came in the backdrop of withdrawal of the support of the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) that supported Congress for the last 15 years.
8) Name the new name of Aajeevika Skills Development Programme (ASDP) which was launched by Union government on 25 September 2014?
Ans. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana
9) Which cricketers were recently selected as Bradman Honouree 2014?
Ans. Sachin Tendulkar and Steve Waugh
10) Which banks allowed kids to operate bank accounts independently on 24 September 2014?
Ans. SBI and ICICI
Note: The bank account is available for all kids above 10 who can sign uniformly. On 5 September 2014, SBI had launched new accounts Pehla Kadam and Pehli Udaan for kids. ICICI Bank has launched Smart Stars account and Federal Bank Limited has Young Champ Account for minors.
11) Who was appointed as the head coach of the national team of Srilanka on 24 September 2014?Visit:www.currentaffairs4examz.com
Ans. Marvan Atapattu, the former national cricket team captain
12) Board of Cricket for Control in India (BCCI) Working Committee on 26 September 2014 extended Ravi Shastri’s tenure as Director of Indian Cricket team till?
Ans. End of 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup
13) Union Government recently declared which day as Antyodya Diwas?
Ans. 25 September
Note: Antyodya diwas was observed to mark the 98th birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay. Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay was the noted philosopher, historian and political activist.
14) Name the renowned Hindi author was given the Saraswati Samman 2013 in New Delhi on 23 September 2014?
Ans. Govind Mishra
Note: He was given the Samman by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh for his novel Dhool Paudhon Par that was published in 2008. Govind Mishra is the second Hindi author to be conferred with this honour after Harivansh Rai Bachchan in 1991.
15) Who was appointed as the new head of the Pakistan’s spy agency Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) on 22 September 2014?
Ans. Lieutenant General Rizwan Akhtar
16) CSIR on 26 September 2014 announced the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Awards 2014 for ten persons in recognition of their work. Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Awards is given in which field?
17) Who are the winners of Right Livelihood Award 2014?
Ans. Edward Snowden and Alan Rusbridger
Note: The first one is former U.S. spy agency contractor and the other is the editor of The Guardian. The Right Livelihood Award is also known as Alternative Nobel prize of Sweden.
18) Who was selected for the JC Daniel Award for lifetime achievement for the year 2013 given by State Government of Kerala?
Ans. Noted writer and filmmaker MT Vasudevan Nair
19) UN Climate Change Summit 2014 was held at?
Ans. New York
20) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 22 September 2014 approved the appointment of whom as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Kerala-based South Indian Bank Ltd?
Ans. V.G. Mathew
21) The Forbes India magazine released The 100 Richest Indian List 2014 on 25 September 2014. Who has topped the list?
Ans. Mukesh Ambani
22) Who was appointed as the new president of the News Broadcasting Association (NBA) for the year 2014-2015 on 24 September 2014 ?
Ans. Rajat Sharma
Note: He is India TV chairman and editor-in-chief.
23) Union Ministry of Sports Sarbananda Sonowal on 22 September 2014 inaugurated National Academy for Athletics and National Golf Academy at?
Ans. Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
24) Internet major Yahoo! Inc. on 21 September 2014 acquired which Bangalore-based start-up firm for over 8 million US dollars?
Ans. BookPad Inc
25) Who was re-elected as the Prime Minister of New Zealand for a third term on 21 September 2014?Visit:www.currentaffairs4examz.com
Ans. John Key
26) AP Government on 23 September 2014 issued an order enhancing the upper age limit for direct recruitment in government service from 34 to?
Ans. 40 Years
27) Who was unanimously elected as Chairman of Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for the year 2014-15 on 22 September 2014?
Ans. Amit Mathew
Note: He is the resident editor and director of Malyala Manorama.
28) Ancient Nalanda University (NU) was formally inaugurated after 800 years on 19 September 2014 by Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj at?
Ans. Rajgir near Nalanda, Bihar.
29) Who has sworn in as new Prime Minister of Fiji on 22 September 2014?
Ans. Voreqe Bainimarama
30) Which city will host ICC World Cricket League Division 3 from 23 to 30 October 2014?
Ans. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
31) Who won the Asian Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Leadership Award on 24 September 2014?
Ans. Sukinda Chromite Mine of the Tata Steel
32) Reserve Bank of India on 24 September 2014 released which report on Capacity Building in banks and non-banks?
Ans. Gopalakrishna Committee report
33) Who was appointed as Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Sherpa for the Group of 20 annual Summit 2014 on 23 September 2014?
Ans. Suresh Prabhu