Current Affairs PDF-October 2014
Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Who was sworn-in as the 42nd Chief Justice of India on 28 September 2014?
Ans. Justice H L Dattu
Note: Dattu will have tenure of 14 months as the Chief Justice of India as he will retire from his office on 2 December 2015.
2) Who has sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu on 29 September 2014?
Ans. O Panneerselvam
Note: This was following the resignation of J Jayalalithaa as CM as she was convicted in the 18 year old disproportionate assets case of over 66 crore rupees by Bangalore Special Court.
3) Which team won the Champions League Twenty20 (CLT20) 2014 title on 4 October 2014?
Ans. Chennai Super Kings
4) Google closed which social networking site permanently on 30 September 2014?
5) World Heart Day was observed across the world on 29 September 2014 with the theme?
Ans. Heart Choices NOT Hard Choices
6) Who has sworn in as president of Afghanistan on 29 September 2014?
Ans. Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai
7) Who became the first Indian woman boxer to clinch a gold medal at the Asian Games on 1 October 2014?
Ans. MC Mary Kom
8) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 3 October 2014 addressed the nation over radio for the first time in his programme named?
Ans. Mann Ki Baat
9) Bangladesh government on 28 September 2014 appointed whom as the new Bangladesh High Commissioner to India?
Ans. Syed Muazzem Ali
10) J Jayalalithaa, the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu was on 27 September 2014 found guilty in the disproportionate assets case by the Special Court in Bangalore and pronounced a jail term of ...... years?
11) Name the India-US Combined Military Training Exercise which concluded at Ranikhet in Uttarakhand on 30 September 2014?
Ans. Yudh Abhyas 2014
12) National Voluntary Blood Donation Day was celebrated on?
Ans. 1 October 2014
13) Which state on 3 October 2014 became the first state of India to start olive refinery?
14) Who has retired as the 41st Chief Justice of India (CJI) on 27 September 2014?
Ans. Justice R M Lodha
15) Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi on 27 September 2014 addressed the 69th session of United Nations General Assembly in?
Ans. New York
Note: He addressed the 193-member UN General Assembly in Hindi.
16) 24th International Day of Older Persons (IDOP) 2014 was observed across the world on 1 October 2014 with the theme?
Ans. Leaving No One Behind: Promoting a Society for All.
17) World Animal Day was recently observed across the world on?
Ans. 4 October 2014
18) World Tourism Day (WTD) was observed across the world on 27 September 2014 with the theme?
Ans. Tourism and Community Development
19) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 24 September 2014 inaugurated India Food Park at Tumkur in which state?
20) Name the Vigilance Commissioner who was authorised by President Pranab Mukherjee on 30 September 2014 to act as chief of Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) ?
Note: The vacancy for the post of Central Vigilance Commissioner had occurred after Central Vigilance Commissioner Pradeep Kumar completed his tenure on 28 September 2014.