Current Affairs PDF- September 2014
Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Who won the Men’s Singles title of the US Open of Tennis 2014 on 8 September 2014?
Ans. Marin Cilic
2) World Literacy Day was observed across the world on 8 September 2014. What was the theme of the day this year?
Ans. Literacy and Sustainable Development
3) State Bank of India (SBI) on 13 September 2014 celebrated 150 years of its operations in which country?
Ans. Sri Lanka.
4) Which bank launched a Cardless Cash Withdrawal service on 10 September 2014?
Ans. ICICI Bank
5) International Cricket Council (ICC) on 9 September 2014 suspended which Pakistani off-spinner from bowling in international cricket with immediate effect for illegal bowling action?
Ans. Saeed Ajmal
6) Who became the first Indian to visit to the stratosphere, the second layer of the Earth’s atmosphere on 15 August 2014?
Ans. TN Suresh Kumar
Note: He traveled to an altitude of 17100 meters in MIG-29 from Sokol Airbase near Nizhny Novgorod in Russia.
7) Name the Prime Minister of Australia who visited India from 4 to 5 September 2014?
Ans. Tony Abbott
8) Who won the women’s Singles title of the US Open of Tennis 2014?
Ans. Serena Williams
Note: This was her third consecutive Tennis US Open trophy. She defeated Caroline Wozniazki of Denmark in straight sets, 6-3, 6-3. With this, Williams joined the Tennis greats Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova on 18 Grand Slam titles.
9) Supreme Court on 12 September 2014 ruled ...... percent quota for disabled persons in all government jobs, including Indian Administrative Services (IAS), and promotions?Visit: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
10) Reserve Bank of India on 9 September 2014 decided to fix the upper age limit at ..... years for Managing Directors (M.D) and Chief Executive Officers (CEO) in private sector banks?
Ans. 70 years
11) Engineering and information technology company Tata Technologies Ltd on 9 September 2014 appointed whom as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD) of the company?
Ans. Warren Harris
12) Which committee on 8 September 2014 reported that most of the deemed universities are not fit for being a university?
Ans. H Devaraj Committee
13) Uttarakhand Government officially declared which day as Himalaya Diwas?
Ans. 9 September
14) Who was elected as Chairman of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) on 12 September 2014?
Ans. Narendra Ambwani
15) Who became the youngest sailor to represent India at the 2014 Asian Games?
Ans. Chitresh Tatha, 12 years
16) Union government on 11 September 2014 decided to wind up which famous watch factory in a phased manner?
Ans. HMT watches
17) Name the Indian who on 6 September 2014 won bronze at the women Grand Prix chess at the Asian Games?
Ans. Harika Dronavalli
18) Which Indian player announced retirement from the professional snooker tour on 5 September 2014?Visit: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
Ans. Pankaj Advani
19) Name the Union Civil Aviation Minister who on 9 September 2014 announced that the Union Government has identified five locations for development of no-frills airports in India?
Ans. Pusapati Ashok Gajapathi Raju
20) Who was appointed as the Executive Director (ED) of World Bank on 10 September 2014?
Ans. Subhash Chandra Garg
Note: He is a Senior IAS officer.
21) Who won the men’s doubles titles of the US Open 2014?
Ans. American twin brothers Mike and Bob Bryan
22) Unit 5 of the Rajasthan Atomic Power Station on 6 September 2014 became the ........ longest running reactor in the world?