Current Affairs PDF-October 2014
Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 2 October 2014 launched Swachh Bharat (Clean India) campaign in New Delhi. What is the tag-line of the mission?
Ans. “Ek Kadam Swachhta Ki Ore”
Note: On the occasion of launch of the campaign in Rajpath New Delhi, Modi administered an oath to a large gathering to keep their neighbourhoods clean. He asked people to donate (Shramdaan) 100 hours every year or two hours every week for cleanliness.
2) 17th Asian Games Incheon 2014 was held in Incheon, South Korea from 19 September to 4 October 2014. Name the Slogan of the Asian Games Incheon 2014?
Ans. Diversity Shines Here
3) Name the winners of Nobel Peace Prize 2014?
Ans. Pakistani child education activist Malala Yousafzai and Indian child rights activist Kailash Satyarthi
Read details: http://goo.gl/C8LVo6
4) Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni on 6 October 2014 became the co-owner of which Indian Super League franchise?
Ans. Chennaiyin FC
5) Which city will host the next Asian Games in 2018?
Ans. Jakarta, Indonesia
6) Name the winners of 2014 Nobel Prize for Physics?
Ans. Isamu Akasaki, Hiroshi Amano and Shuji Nakamura
Read details: http://goo.gl/lKHNEG
7) Name the founder of social site Facebook who was recently in New Delhi on a two day visit from 9 October to 10 October 2014?
Ans. Mark Zuckerberg
8) Who won the Nobel Prize for literature for the year 2014?
Ans. Patrick Modiano
Read details: http://goo.gl/e60gHP
9) Which bollywood actor was appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF in South Asia on 9 October 2014?
Ans. Aamir Khan
10) Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) on the birth anniversary of whom on 11 October 2014?
Ans. Jai Prakash Narayan
Note: The programme is an ambitious village development project under which each Member of Parliament will take the responsibility for developing physical and institutional infrastructure in three villages by 2019.
11) Which Bollywood actor on 4 October 2014 received Global Diversity Award 2014 at the Britain’s House of Commons?
Ans. Shah Rukh Khan
Note: He was conferred the award for his outstanding achievements in the field of cinema and his involvement in philanthropic endevours.
12) Name the winners of 2014 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine?
Ans. John O´Keefe, May-Britt Moser and Edvard I. Moser
Read details: http://goo.gl/0ykVr6
13) Which country topped the Asian Games 2014 medals tally?
Ans. China with 151 Gold, 108 silver and 83 bronze
14) What was India's position in the Asian Games concluded recently?
Note: India bagged a total of 57 medals with 11 Gold, 10 Silver and 36 bronze.
15) Name the website launched by Union Government on 7 October 2014 to monitor the attendance of government employees in real time?
16) Who was appointed by Union Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) on 1 October 2014 as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Jet Airways?
Ans. Cramer Ball
Note: He will serve for the next three-year till 2017. Earlier, he was serving as the acting CEO of the Jet Airways.
17) Name the winners of 2014 Nobel Prize for Chemistry?
Ans. Eric Betzig, Stefan W Hell and William E. Moerner
Read Details: http://goo.gl/r03Po5
18) Who has resigned as the Chairperson of Sangeet Natak Akademi on 30 September 2014?
Ans. Leela Samson
19) Third International Day of the Girl Child (IDGC) was observed across the world on 11 October 2014 with the theme?
Ans. Empowering Adolescent Girls: Ending the Cycle of Violence.
20) Technology giant HP on 6 October 2014 announced that it will split itself into two separate publicly traded companies. Expand HP?
21) Which country recorded the highest number of polio cases in 14 years as revealed by the data of polio cases released recently?
22) President of India Pranab Mukherjee on 7 October 2014 presented the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award 2014 for Excellence in Public Administration, Academics and Management to whom?
Ans. Dr Apathukatha Sivathanu Pillai
Note: He was honoured for his outstanding contribution in the field of aerospace and missile technology.
23) World Post Day was observed recently on?
Ans. 9 October 2014
24) Who was appointed as the first Hindu priest (Chaplain) at Georgetown University recently?
Ans. Pratima Dharm
25) United Nations celebrated World Habitat Day on 6 October 2014 with the theme?
Ans. Voices from Slums
26) Who was named as the next CEO of IT training solutions firm National Institute of Information Technology Limited (NIIT Ltd) on 6 October 2014?
Ans. Rahul Keshav Patwardhan
27) World’s first womb-transplant baby was born to a 36-year-old woman from which country recently?
Note: The healthy baby boy was born in August 2014 at the University of Gothenburg's hospital in Sweden.
28) Indian Air Force (IAF) celebrated 82nd Air Force Day in New Delhi on?
Ans. 8 October 2014
29) Who was appointed as first woman director of Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) on 9 October 2014?
Ans. Kalpana Morparia
30) Supreme Court appointed high-powered committee headed by whom submitted its report to the court on 6 October 2014 with guidelines on government ads?
Ans. Professor NR Madhava Menon
31) First ever National Mental Health Day was recently observed on?
Ans. 10 October 2014
32) Who was conferred with Sir Ross Masood Lifetime Achievement Award 2014 for Excellence in Leadership, Education, community & Public Service on 30 September 2014?
Ans. Saiyid Hamid