1) What is the meaning of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana?- Prime Minister Scheme for People's Wealth
2) What is the aim of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana?- Ambitious scheme for comprehensive financial inclusion by providing bank accounts to every households in India.
3) On which date Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana was launched?- 28 August 2014
4) How many bank accounts were opened on a single day through financial camps set up in 77,000 locations under Jan Dhan Yojana on 28 August 2014?- 1.5 crore
5) Are private banks part of PMJDY?- Yes. People can open zero balance accounts either in public or private banks under PMJDY.
6) What are the offers available for those who open accounts under PMJDY?- Accident insurance of up to Rs.1 lakh comes free with each account. Those opening accounts before January 26 next year will also get life cover of Rs.30,000.
7) Which kind of debit card will be available for those who open accounts under PMJDY?- RuPay debit card
8) The premium on accident insurance under PMJDY will be borne by?- National Payments Corporation of India
9) Who were proposed as Business Correspondents of banks under PMJDY?- Gram Dak Sevaks in rural areas.
10) Who created the logo of the mission through competition in My Gov.in platform?- Priya Sharma
11) Name the slogan of the scheme?- Mera Khata – Bhagya Vidhaata (My Bank Account – The Creator of the Good Fortune).
12) Name “Jan Dhan” was also chosen through an online competition on the MyGov Platform. How many individuals have suggested this name?- 07
If anybody would like to add more questions comment below. We will add it. Thank You !!!!