1) KK Paul sworn in as Manipur Governor: Meghalaya Governor K K Paul was sworn in as acting Governor of Manipur. Manipur Chief Justice Laxmi Kant Mahapatra administered the oath of office and secrecy to Paul during a function at Raj Bhavan, which was attended by Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh, his cabinet colleagues and high civil and police officials.
2) Arnold Schwarzenegger Meets Jayalalithaa in Chennai: Hollywood star Arnold Schwarzenegger had a blockbuster meeting with Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in Chennai. The 67-year-old actor met Ms Jayalalithaa for a half an hour at the state Secretariat. After the meeting he tweeted, "It was fantastic to sit down with Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa before our event tonight and talk about her state's success and challenges. That's the advantage of being an actor who was also a Governor!"
3) Google launched Android One phones in India at Rs 6,399: Google has launched in India the first smartphones under its Android One project, pricing them at Rs 6,399 ($105) to capture the low-cost segment of the world's fastest growing smartphone market. The Mountain View-Based company tied up with Indian mobile players Micromax, Karbonn and Spice Mobiles to launch the affordable phones, which are powered by its Android operating system and aimed at emerging markets.
4) Axis Bank launched e-surveillance facility at ATM location: Axis Bank, India’s third largest private sector bank, announced the launch of e-surveillance facility, a service that allows a 24x7, 365 days centrally monitored automated security of ATMs. Under the e-surveillance facility, the ATM premises of Axis Bank will be monitored 24x7 from a centralised security operation centre. An immediate alert will be activated in case of detection of any unauthorised activity at the ATM site. In the event of any unauthorised activity at the ATM location, an immediate hooter alert will instantaneously propel a two way communication between the officials at the security operation center and the alleged intruders, through mike, speakers and CCTV system. Simultaneously, the system would also alert the local Police station and nearby on road Patrolling Officer about the incident, the bank said in a statement.
5) Andhra Pradesh holds country's first e-cabinet meet: Ushering in paperless cabinet, Andhra Pradesh on Monday held e-cabinet meeting. I-pads and power point presentation replaced the papers as tech-savy Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu presided over the meeting, billed as thr first such exercise by any state cabinet in the country. The e-cabinet e-meeting was held to mark 100 days of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) in power in the state. According to officials, the cabinet agenda was sent to the ministers in advance through e-mail. Naidu asked all ministers to come to the meet with i-pads.