Current Affairs PDF
September 2014 First Week
Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Former Chief Justice of India, Palaniswamy Sathasivam was appointed as the new Governor of which state on 3 September 2014?
2) President Pranab Mukherjee on 3 September 2014 cleared the appointment of whom as the 42nd Chief Justice of India?
Ans. Justice H L Dattu
Note: Justice Dattu will become the Chief Justice of India after the retirement of CJI R.M. Lodha on 27 September 2014. He would hold the post until his retirement on 2 December 2015.
3) Which team won the inaugural title of the Star Sports Pro Kabaddi League on 31 August 2014?
Ans. Jaipur Pink Panther (JPP)
Note: It is owned by Abhisek Bachchan. They defeated U Mumba 35-24 in the final at the NSCI Stadium in Mumbai.
4) Who recently became the first Indian actor to be honored with a postage stamp by the US Post Service (USPS)?
Ans. Indian Telugu Actor, Akkineni Nageswara Rao.
Note: The stamp will be issued on the birth anniversary of Nageshwara Rao that is on 20 September 2014 in Dallas Texas.
5) Who became the first Spaniard to win World Badminton Championship on 31 August 2014?
Ans. Carolina Marin
Note: The World Badminton Championship was held in Copenhagen, Denmark. Carolina won women’s singles titles by defeating world number one Li Xuerui of china.
6) Who was named Junior Men Player of the Year by Asian Hockey Federation on 31 August 2014?
Ans. Manpreet Singh
7) Name the former Attorney General of India who died of a heart attack in Mumbai on 2 September 2014?
Ans. Goolam Essaji Vahanvati
8) Name the Indo-Nepal joint military exercise which was concluded on 31 August 2014 at Pithoragarh?Visit: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
Ans. Surya Kiran-VII
9) Union Government on 4 September 2014 approved ....... percent hike in Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief (DR) to pensioners?
Ans. 7 %
10) The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee on 3 September 2014 released a set of eight Commemorative Postage Stamps on?
Ans. Indian Musicians
11) Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on 3 September 2014 constituted a panel under whom to assess the amount of unclaimed deposits in the PPF accounts and Post Office saving schemes?
Ans. H R Khan
Note: H R Khan is the Deputy Governor of RBI.
12) Sania Mirza and along with which player on 5 September 2014 won the Mixed Doubles trophy of the US Open Tennis 2014?
Ans. Bruno Soares of Brazil
13) Name India's largest naval offshore patrol vessel (NOPV) which was commissioned into Indian Navy on 4 September 2014?
Ans. INS Sumitra
14) Which country on 31 August 2014 defeated Australia for the first time in 31 years in the one-day match played at the Harare Sports Club recently?
15) Name the first Women directors in IIT council?
Ans. Tessy Thomas and Vijayalakshmi Ravindranath
Note: They were appointed on 1 September 2014. IIT Council is the apex body of 16 IITs. Tessy Thomas is the Project Director for Agni-IV missile in Defence Research and Development Organisation.
16) Union Government on 2 September 2014 constituted a high-level committee to review five environment laws. Who will head the committee?
Ans. Cabinet Secretary T S R Subramanian
17) India-Japan Annual Summit 2014 was held at?
Ans. Tokyo, Japan
Note: The Summit was held during the Prime Minister Narendra Modi five-day visit to Japan from 30 August - 3 September 2014.
18) Which player was selected to lead Indian women's hockey team in Asian Games 2014?
Ans. Ritu Rani
19) India won the 5-match One-Day International (ODI) series played against England by 3-1 recently. Who was adjudged the Man-of-the-Series?
Ans. Suresh Raina
20) Who was appointed as first women chairperson of Indian Institute of Advanced Study (IIAS) on 4 September 2014?
Ans. Chandrakala Padia
21) The revived Nalanda University on 1 September 2014 started its first session with 15 students in its makeshift campus at which place?
Ans. Buddhist pilgrim town of Rajgir, about 100 km from Patna.
22) Which parliament reappointed Abdullah al-Thinni as the Prime Minister on 1 September 2014?Visit: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
23) Which state became the first State in the country to launch a Health Adalat?
24) Name the renowned Telugu filmmaker nicknamed Bapu who died on 31 August 2014 in Chennai?
Ans. Sattiraju Lakshminarayana
25) Which state high court banned animal sacrifice at any place of public religious worship on 1 September 2014?
Ans. Himachal Pradesh.
26) Saina Nehwal on 1 September 2014 decided to train under new coach?
Ans. Vimal Kumar
Note: She decided to split with the national head coach Pullela Gopichand.
27) Which country recently unveiled plans to issue world’s first digital currency?
28) Who recently set a world record in the womens hammer throw at the Internationales Stadionfest (ISTAF) Berlin Athletics meet at Berlin's Olympic stadium in Germany?
Ans. Anita Wlodarczyk of Poland
29) Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on 4 September 2014 formally announced that the new capital of Andhra Pradesh as?
30) Who won the gold medal for the third time at the IWF World Masters Weightlifting Championships in Copenhagen, Denmark recently?
Ans. Indian Army's Lt Colonel Sudhakar Jayant