Current Affairs PDF
July 2014- Fourth Week
Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Who was appointment as Brand Ambassador of Telangana state on 22 July 2014?
Ans. Sania Mirza
Note: The letter of appointment and a cheque of one crore rupees was handed over to Sania Mirza by the Chief Minister of Telangana K Chandrasekhar Rao in Hyderabad.
2) Which company on 23 July 2014 became the first Indian company to achieve a market capitalization of 5 lakh crore rupees?
Ans. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
Note: In terms of market capitalisation, TCS is followed by Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) at 3.5 lakh crore rupees and Reliance Industries at 3.3 lakh crore rupees.
3) 20th Commonwealth Games 2014 started on 23 July 2014 at?
Ans. Glasgow in Scotland
4) Union Cabinet on 24 July 2014 gave its approval to ....... percent foreign investment in insurance companies?
Ans. 49 %
5) Which will be the nodal ministry for implementing Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Campaign announced in Union Budget 2014?
Ans. Union Ministry of Women and Child Development
Note: It will be assisted by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Ministry of Human Resource Development and Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
6) Name the Comptroller & Auditor General of India who on 25 July 2014 assumed office as Member of the United Nations Board of Auditors for a term of six year upto June 2020?
Ans. Shashi Kant Sharma
7) 15th anniversary of Kargil Vijay Diwas was celebrated across India on?
Ans. 26 July 2014
8) Who was appointed as the Governor of Haryana by President Pranab Mukhejee on 25 July 2014?
Ans. Kaptan Singh Solanki
9) Name the Olympic Gold medalist who on 25 July 2014 won the Gold medal in Men’s 10-m Air Rifle event at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow?
Ans. Abhinav Bindra
10) President of India, Pranab Mukherjee on 24 July 2014 inaugurated the President’s Estate Branch of which bank and Rashtrapati Bhavan Post Office in their new buildings?Visit: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
Ans. United Bank of India
Note: Bank and Post Office were relocated from a heritage building as part of measures to implement the Comprehensive Conservation Management Plan for the President’s Estate. Rashtrapati Bhavan Post Office caters to the needs of President’s Secretariat as well as residents of the President’s Estate.
11) Who was sworn in as 22nd Governor of West Bengal on 24 July 2014?
Ans. Keshari Nath Tripathi
12) Who was sworn in as 27th Governor of Uttar Pradesh in Lucknow on 22 July 2014?
Ans. Ram Naik
13) Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) under Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) on 21 July 2014. Where is BARC situated at?
Ans. Trombay, Mumbai, Maharashtra
14) Who won the German Grand Prix racing 2014 on 20 July 2014?
Ans. Nico Rosberg
15) Union Government recently allocated ...... crore rupees to NABARD for setting up of Mega Food Parks to promote food processing industry in the country?
Ans. 200 crore
16) Who was appointed as the Chairman of Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) recently?
Ans. Y Sudharshan Rao
17) Name the World Bank President who on 21 July 2014 arrived in India on a three-day visit?
Ans. Jim Yong Kim
18) Which state was selected for a pilot project under a sponsored programme of the Union Government to train Principals and Headmasters of government schools on 23 July 2014?
Ans. Himachal Pradesh
19) Internet search engine giant Google on 22 July 2014 announced to launch its which language version of Google Maps?
20) Name the classical music reality show of Doordarshan which will be featured in Limca Book of Records shortly?
Ans. Naad Bhed-The Mystery of Sound
Note: The reality show will be featured under Television Chapter in Limca Book of Records for being the first ever National level reality show on Classical Music.
21) Name the exercise which started on 24 July 2014 in the Pacific Ocean featuring Indian, Japanese and US Navy?
Ans. Malabar Naval Exercise
23) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 19 July 2014 suggested certain qualitative changes in the functioning of Prime Minister's National Relief Fund (PMNRF). Suggested changes will target the selection of beneficiaries and will give priority to?
Ans. The poor and children
24) Union Government in the third week of July 2014 notified Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Return of Assets and Liabilities and the Limits for Exemption of Assets in Filing Returns) Rules, 2014. This was notified in line with which Act?Visit: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
Ans. Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013.
Note: As per the Public Servants Rules 2014, it has been made mandatory for all Government employees to file declarations of their assets and liabilities and those of their spouses and dependent children.
25) Who won the Indonesian presidential elections on 22 July 2014?
Ans. Joko Widodo
Note: He was presently the governor of Jakarta and he won the election with 53 percent of the vote casted in favour of him.
26) Who is the present Union Civil Aviation Minister?
Ans. Ashok Gajapathi Raju
27) National Geographic on 22 July 2014 launched a special edition of ...... magazines for schoolchildren in India?
Ans. Explorer magazines
28) Name the Air Algerie plane which went missing over Gao in Mali in Africa on 24 July 2014?
Ans. Boeing MD-83
29) Supreme Court on 25 July 2014 appointed whom as the Special Public Prosecutor for trial in coal blocks allocation scam?
Ans. R S Cheema
30) Name the veteran Journalist who died on 19 July 2014?
Ans. Sundaram Sankaran
31) Name the typhoon which the struck east of Taiwan on 22 July 2014?
Ans. Typhoon Matmo
32) Indian Contingent won five medals in 45th International Physics Olympiad (IPHO2014) held from 13 July to 21 July 2014 at?
Ans. Astana, Kazakhstan