Friends.. Here is the Part 2 Questions of the series.
21) Kisan Vikas Patra was reintroduced in Union Budget 2014. What is Kisan Vikas Patra?
Ans. Kisan Vikas Patra is a saving scheme that was announced by the Government of India that doubles the money invested in eight years and seven months. The Directorate of Small Savings Government of India, sells these saving bonds through all Post Offices in the country so that the scheme can be accessed by citizens from all over the country. A KVP can be encashed after two and a half years from the date of issue at the value it has been bought and the interest accrued for the period.
22) Mandatory wage ceiling of subscription to EPS (Employee Pension Scheme) raised from Rs 6,500 to .........?
Ans. Rs 15,000
23) Minimum pension increased to ...... per month in Budget 2014?
Ans. Rs 1,000
24) How many new IIMs have been announced in Union Budget 2014?
Note: In HP, Punjab, Bihar, Odisha and Rajasthan
25) How many new IITs have been announced in Union Budget 2014?
Note: To come up in Jammu, Chattisgarh, Goa, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala.
26) How many new AIIMs have been announced in Union Budget 2014?
Note: To come up in Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, Vidarbha in Maharashtra and Poorvanchal in Uttar Pradesh.
27) Govt proposed to launch which programme to ensure broad band connectivity at village level as announced in Union Budget 2014?
Ans. 'Digital India’
28) Name the TV channel announced for farmers in Union Budget 2014-15?
Ans. KISAN TV
29) Name the TV channel announced for North East in Union Budget 2014-15?
Ans. Arun Prabha TV
30) Name the project on the river Ganga for inland waterways between Allahabad and Haldia announced in Union Budget 2014-15?
Ans. Jal Marg Vikas
Note: Rs 4,200 crore set aside for the purpose.
31) EPFO to launch which Service for contributing members?
Ans. Uniform Account Number
32) Name the new programme announced to give impetus to watershed development in the country with an initial outlay of Rs. 2142 crores?
33) Name the scheme announced in Budget to generate awareness and help in improving the efficiency of delivery of welfare services meant for women?
Ans. Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana
34) Two National Institutes of Ageing announced to be set up in Union Budget will be at?
Ans. AIIMS, New Delhi and Madras Medical College, Chennai.
35) How much fund has been allotted to support about 600 new and existing Community Radio Stations?
Ans. Rs 100 crore
36) Swachh Bharat Abhiyan to cover every household with sanitation facility by the year?
37) Rs 2,037 crore set aside for Integrated Ganga Conservation Mission called?
Ans. Namami Gange
38) Fund allocated for increasing safety of women in large cities?
Ans. Rs 150 crore
39) Amount allotted for the project of developing 100 Smart Cities?
Ans. Rs. 7,060 crore
40) Fund set aside for PSU banks capitalisation?Ans. Rs 11,200 crore
Click here to read Part 1
Click here to read Part 3