Current Affairs PDF
June 2014- Fourth Week
Download as PDF- Click Here
1) ISRO’s PSLV ........ was launched on 30 June 2014 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh?
Ans. PSLV C23
Note: The PSLV C23 carried five satellites belonging to four countries namely France, Germany, Canada and Singapore. All these five satellites were launched under commercial arrangements that ANTRIX (ISRO’s commercial arm) has entered with the respective foreign agencies.
2) Name the Indian badminton ace who on 29 June 2014 won 750000 US dollar Australian Open Super Series by defeating Carolina Marin of Spain in straight-game 21-18, 21-11 in final played at Sydney?
Ans. Saina Nehwal
3) Name the Governor of West Bengal who on 30 June 2014 tendered his resignation to the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee?
Ans. MK Narayanan
4) 35th National Games to be held in which state from 31 January to 14 February 2015 as announced recently?
5) Which country announced to honour Shahrukh Khan with Officer of the Legion of Honour for his contribution to Cinema on 25 June 2014?
6) Who was formally appointed as the first Chairman of the International Cricket Council (ICC) for a period of two years from 2014 to 2016 on 26 June 2014?
Ans. N Srinivasan
7) UK firm East India Company on 23 June 2014 issued an exclusive legal tender gold coins in honour of?Visit: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
Ans. Sachin Tendulkar
8) Who on 19 June 2014 became the first Indian to win three medals in successive ISSF Shooting World Cup?
Ans. Jitu Rai
9) Who repalced Virat Kohli as the number One batsman in the ICC ODI batsman ranking released on 21 June 2014?
Ans. AB de Villiers
10) Which state Government on 26 June 2014 launched Amma Pharmacy (Amma Marundhagam) to sell quality medicines at a lower price?
Ans. Tamil Nadu
11) Which Indian sand artist won the People's Choice prize at the World Cup of Sand Sculpting-2014 held in the Atlantic City of the US recently?
Ans. Sudarsan Pattnaik
Note: He won prize for his work Save Tree, Save the Future. This is first sand art world cup at USA 2014.
12) Which College for the first time in India has included the category of third gender in its application forms for academic programs 2014-15 on 26 June 2014?
Ans. Pune’s Fergusson College
13) Ramanarayanan, the film director and producer who died on 22 June 2014 in Singapore at the age of 65 is from which language?
14) Ancient Pyu Cities on 22 June 2014 became the first site from which country to be inscribed on the UNESCO’s World Heritage Site List?
Note: The decision to include Myanmar’s first site on World Heritage list was taken at the 38th session of the World Heritage Committee held in Doha, Qatar.
15) World Refugee Day was observed across the world on?
Ans. 20 June 2014
16) Great Himalayan National Park Conservation Area (GHNPCA) was inscribed in the World Heritage List by the World Heritage Committee. 38th session of the World Heritage Committee held on 23 June 2014 at?Visit: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
Ans. Doha, Qatar
17) Which Indian received an honorary doctor of laws degree from York University in Toronto, Canada on 21 June 2014?
Ans. TATA Group Chairman Ratan Tata
18) International Widows Day was observed across the globe on?
Ans. 23 June 2014
19) Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express on 25 June 2014 derailed near Chhapra in which state in which four people were killed and eight were injured?
20) International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking was observed every year on?
Ans. 26 June
Note: The theme of the 2014 is A message of hope: Drug use disorders are preventable and treatable.
21) The 11th century stepwell Rani-ki-Vav (Queen’s stepwell) which was included in the UNESCO’s World Heritage List on 22 June 2014 is in which state?
22) Union Home Ministry on 23 June 2014 decided not to allow visa-free entry to nationals of which country?
23) Name the national air carrier of India which joined the global airlines grouping, Star Alliance on 23 June 2014?
Ans. Air India
24) Which state announced 33 percent reservation for women in its police force on 24 June 2014?
25) Union Cabinet on 25 June 2014 approved an in principle memorandum of understanding (MoU) between India and which country for setting up industrial parks in the country?
26) Who was re-elected as Prime Minster of South Korea on 25 June 2014?
Ans. Chung Hung Won
27) Who was appointed as Chairman of Coal India Limited on 25 June 2014?
Ans. A.K. Dubey
28) Name the Indian cueist who on 29 June 2014 won his maiden IBSF 6-Red World snooker title at Sharm el-Sheikh in Egypt?
Ans. Pankaj Advani
29) Union Government on 24 June 2014 granted Navratna status to?
Ans. Engineers India Ltd (EIL) and National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC)
30) Which Indian-origin judge was appointed as 8th Attorney-General of Singapore on 25 June 2014?Visit: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
Ans. V K Rajah
31) Who was named as the next president of the European Commission on 26 June 2014?
Ans. Jean-Claude Juncker
32) United Nations Public Service Day was celebrated on 23 June 2014 with the theme?
Ans. Innovating Governance for Sustainable Development and Well-being of the People.
33) Which became the 1000th site to be included in the UNESCO World Heritage Site List on 22 June 2014?
Ans. Okavango Delta in Botswana
34) Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly on 23 June 2014 passed a Bill raising the retirement age of government employees of bifurcated Andhra Pradesh to ..... years?
35) State Government of Odisha on 26 June 2014 raised the retirement age of its employees from 58 to ...... years?
36) Which state on 26 June 2014 approved 16 percent reservation to Maratha community and 5 percent to Muslims in government jobs and educational institutions?