Current Affairs PDF
July 2014- Second Week
Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Who won the Men’s singles at Wimbledon Tennis Championship 2014?
Ans. Novak Djokovic
Note: He defeated Roger Federer.
2) World Population Day was observed across the world on 11 July 2014 with the theme?
Ans. Investing in Young People
Note: World population day was first celebrated in 1987, the day when world population reached five billion people.
3) Who won the Women’s singles Wimbledon Tennis championship on 5 July 2014?
Ans. Petra Kvitova
Note: She is from Czechslovakia. She defeated Canadian Eugenie Bouchard.
4) Recently the Committee on Poverty presented its report to Union Government. Who was the chairman of this committee?
Ans. C Rangrajan
Note: As per the report daily per capita expenditure is pegged at 32 rupees for the rural poor and at 47 rupees for the urban poor.
5) Name the British Actress who was on 8 July 2014 appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador for UN Women?
Ans. Emma Watson
6) Name the Veteran actress who died on 10 July 2014 at a private Hospital in New Delhi?
Ans. Zohra Sehgal
Note: She was called as the grand old lady of Bollywood. In 2010 she was awarded with the Padma Vibhushan.
7) MCC XI (Marylebone Cricket Club) on 5 July 2014 won the match played to celebrate 200-years (bi-centenary) of Lord’s Cricket Ground, the Home of Cricket. Who was the captain of the MCC XI?
Ans. Sachin Tendulkar
Note: They beat Shane Warne-led Rest of the World XI in Lord’s in London, UK.
8) Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza along with her Zimbabwean doubles partner Cara Black on 7 July 2014 were ranked career-best which position in WTA Doubles rankings?Visit: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
9) India on 8 July 2014 successfully test-fired an advanced version of the 290-km range which supersonic cruise missile from Chandipur-on-Sea off Odisha coast?
10) Union Civil Aviation Ministry on 7 July 2014 constituted an Inter-Ministerial Group (IMG) to examine the maximum potential of the GAGAN system. Expand GAGAN?
Ans. GPS Aided Augmented Navigation
11) Who will head the above Inter-Ministerial Group (IMG)?
Ans. Ashok Lavasa, the Secretary of Ministry of Civil Aviation.
12) Who was appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Reliance Infrastructure on 7 July 2014?
Ans. M S Mehta
13) In the Economic Survey of India 2013-14 presented by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitely on 9 July 2014, it is said that India’s economy in financial year 2014-15 is expected to grow in the range of ............ percent overcoming sub-5 percent growth?
Ans. 5.4 – 5.9
14) FIFA on 9 July 2014 suspended which country from all international football competitions with immediate effect on account of its government interference in running its Football Federation?
15) Name the eminent scholar of the Indian Constitution who died on 6 July 2014 in Washington DC?Visit: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
Ans. Granville Austin
16) Governor of Gujarat, Kamla Beniwal was transferred and appointed as Governor of which state on 6 July 2014?
17) Name the 03 judges who were appointed as Supreme Court judges on 7 July 2014?
Ans. Justice Arun Mishra, Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel and Justice Rohington F Nariman
18) Name the technology launched on 8 July 2014 by Sports Authority of India (SAI) and TheFootballLink to promote football at the grass-root level?
19) Union Health Ministry on 8 July 2014 constituted a core group to work out a detailed action plan to eradicate which dreaded vector-borne disease in India by 2015?
Ans. Kala Azar
Note: Kala Azar is known as Visceral Leishmaniasis, a zoonotic infection and is world’s second deadliest vector borne disease after Malaria. The disease is carried by sand fly found in the eastern UP, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal and usually strikes during the months of the monsoon.
20) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) recently amended the Telecom Consumers Complaint Redressal Regulations, 2012 and now these regulations are known as?
Ans. Telecom Consumers Complaint Redressal (Third Amendment) regulations, 2014
21) India and which country on 8 July 2014 decided to launch negotiations for civil nuclear cooperation?
Ans. United Kingdom
Note: The decision was taken during the visit of UK foreign secretary of state William Hague to India.
22) Name the legend of Real Madrid Football Club who died on 7 July 2014?
Ans. Alfredo Di Stefano
23) Name the former President of Georgia who died on 7 July 2014?
Ans. Eduard Shevardnadze
Read questions on Union Budget 2014-15
1. Part 1>> http://goo.gl/QfTgRs
2. Part 2>> http://goo.gl/o78MuH
3. Part 3>> http://goo.gl/OEMyJy