Current Affairs PDF
July 2014- First Week
Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Which state Government on 30 June 2014 declared Camel as the State animal?
Note: The step has been taken to check the diminishing number of camels in the State.
2) Which Indian became World Number 1 pistol shooter in the men's 10m air pistol category in the latest rankings released by the International Shooting Federation (ISSF) on 1 July 2014?
Ans. Jitu Rai
3) Which country on 30 June 2014 became the first country to ratify the Marrakesh Treaty to facilitate access to published works for persons who are blind and visually impaired?
4) Indian Railways on 3 July 2014 successfully conducted a trial run of a semi-high-speed train to make travel faster between which route?
Ans. Delhi and Agra
5) Name the Governor of Goa who resigned on 4 July 2014?
Ans. Bharat Vir Wanchoo
6) Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India, on 4 July 2014 dedicated 25 km-long Katra-Udhampur railway line to the nation in which state?
Ans. Jammu and Kashmir
7) DY Patil, the Governor of Bihar, on 4 July 2014 assumed the additional charge of which state as the acting Governor following the resignation of M K Narayanan?
Ans. West Bengal
8) Which Bollywood actor was conferred with top French civilian award Knight of the Legion of Honor on 1 July 2014?
Ans. Shah Rukh Khan
Note: The Knight of the Legion of Honor was presented to him by the French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius in Mumbai. The award was presented for his outstanding contribution to cultural diversity across the world.
9) Union Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) on 1 July 2014 notified ............... Wildlife Sanctuary as Tiger Reserve making it the 47th Tiger Reserve of India?
Ans. Bor Wildlife Sanctuary
Note: It will be the sixth Tiger Reserve of Maharashtra. The approval aimed at strengthening the conservation efforts of the national animal.
10) Which day was observed in India on 1 July every year?
Ans. National Doctors’ Day
Note: The day is observed to honour legendary physician, Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy whose birth and death anniversary falls on the same day.
11) Name the former President of France who was on 2 July 2014 charged with corruption and influence peddling? Visit: www.cuurentaffairs4examz.com
Ans. Nicolas Sarkozy
12) Who became the first female four-star admiral in US Navy on 1 July 2014?
Ans. Michelle Howard
Note: She is the first women admiral in 236 year old history of US Navy.
13) Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 2 July 2014 approved the inclusion of onion and potato under the purview of stock holding limits under which act?
Ans. Essential Commodities Act 1955
Note: The inclusion will remain in force for a year.
14) Who was sworn-in as Governor of Chhattisgarh at Raj Bhawan, Raipur on 2 July 2014?
Ans. Ram Naresh Yadav
15) President Pranab Mukherjee on 1 July 2014 joined Twitter with the handle?
Note: He is the first serving president of India to join Twitter.
16) A Special Air India flight carrying 46 Indian nurses and 137 others from Erbil in Kurdistan, Iraq arrived in Kerala on 5 July 214 following attack of ISIL jihadist militants in Iraq. Expand ISIL?
Ans. Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant
17) Who was elected as Chairman of the 40-member Telangana Legislative Council (LC) on 2 July 2014?
Ans. Swamy Goud of Telangana Rashtriya Samiti party
18) Union Government on 3 July 2014 introduced four new vaccines as part of UIP programme. Expand UIP?
Ans. Universal Immunization Programme (UIP)
19) Which country on 3 July 2014 issued multiple entry visas for short term stay to Indians?Visit: www.cuurentaffairs4examz.com
20) First Aid Post was launched on 2 June 2014 at Shastri Bhawan in New Delhi by?
Ans. Harsh Vardhan, the Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare
Note: Smriti Irani, the Union Minister for Human Resources Development was also present.
21) The third edition of Ladakh International Film Festival (LIFF) was held at which place from 27 June to 29 June 2014?
Ans. Leh, Jammu and Kashmir
22) Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj concluded her three-day visit to Bangladesh on 27 June 2014. During the visit, she met the top leadership of Bangladesh. Name the President and Prime Minister of Bangladesh?
Ans. Abdul Hamid and Sheikh Hasina
23) Who won the 2014 Liberty Medal given by the National Constitution Centre in Philadelphia in Pennsylvania, US on 30 June 2014?
Ans. Malala Yousafzai