Here is the solved General Awareness Questions from SBI Clerk Exam held in 2012.
1) Which of the following agencies/organisations has put economic sanctions on Syria?
Ans. (5) G-8
2) Who among the following was elected unanimously as the Secretary General of the UNO for the second term ?
(1) Ellen Johnson Sirleaf (2) NelsonMandela (3) Hillary R Clinton
(4) JacobMathew (5) Ban-Kimoon
Ans. (5) Ban-Kimoon
3) InternationalAtomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has decided to begin New Round of Negotiations with which of the following nations as it is not satisfied with the previous rounds of discussions ?
(1) Iraq (2) India (3) Japan (4) Iran (5) Germany
4) As decided by UNESCO the 'International Literacy Day' is observed on which of the following days every year?
(1) 8th September (2) 18th March (3) 28thMarch (4) 18th September (5) None of these
Ans.(1) 8th September
5) As per decision taken by the European Union andIMF, which of the followingcountries will receive a fresh assistance of 100 billion Euro by the year 2014 ?
(1) Italy (2) Greece (3) Portugal (4) Spain (5) Belgium
6) 'Kowada' a town in Andhra Pradesh was in news recently as-
(1) a nuclear plant is being developed there
(2) Maruti has decided to build a small car plantthere
(3) RBIis going to.establish a New Note Printing Press there
(4) an earthquake hit the town in which lot of people died
(5) it is the place selected for developing a new SpaceResearch Centre
Ans. (1) a nuclear plant is being developed there
7) Which of the following is India's new rating index developed by Ministry of Finance ?
(1) CECA (2) CRIS (3) SENSEX (4) TIEA (5) RTGS
8) Very often we read terms 'Perform,Achieve andTrade'(PAT) in newspapers/magazines these days.
PAT is related to whichof the following fields?
(1) Energy Efficiency (2) Indira AwasYojana (3) Mid Day Meai Scheme
(4) Bharat Nirman (5) NationalOld Age Pension Scheme
Ans. (1) Energy Efficiency
9) Which of the following organizations/agencies has decided to establish a National Innovation Foundation (NIF) to encourageearly stage innovations in India? (1) UniversityGrants Commission
(2) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
(3) Department of Science & Technology,Government of India
(4) Atomic Energy Commission (AEC)
(5) Councilfor Industrialand Scientific Research (CSIR)
Ans.(3) Department of Science & Technology,Government of India
10) Which of the following countries is trying to get membership of European Union ?
(1) Myanmar (2) Brazil (3) Croatia (4) Italy (5) South Africa
Ans. (3) Croatia