Download as PDF-Click Here
1) Name India’s largest warship which was dedicated to the nation by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi on 14 June 2014?
Ans. INS Vikramaditya
Note: During his visit to warship INS Vikramadtya off Goa coast in Arabian Sea, the Prime Minister was given a ceremonial guard of honour by the Navy and was briefed about the warship. INS Vikramaditya has been acquired from Russia for over 15000 crore rupees. The deal for the warship was signed in 2004 during previous NDA regime. It has been dedicated to the nation after a gap of 10 years.
2) Who was appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Infosys on 11 June 2014?
Ans. Vishal Sikka
Note: Vishal Sikka will take over as the CEO on 1 August 2014. He will succeed the current Chief Executive and Managing Director S.D. Shibulal. Earlier, he worked as non-founder Chief Executive Officer of SAP AG and a former executive board member of SAP AG. Vishal Sikka is a doctorate in computer science from Stanford University. It is for the first time that the Infosys did not choose one of its founders for the role.
3) Google on 10 June 2014 confirmed the purchase of which Satellite Firm for 500 million US dollar?
Ans. Skybox Imaging
4) Who was on 7 June 2014 appointed as the Solicitor General of India?
Ans. Ranjit Kumar
Note: The Solicitor General (SG) of India is subordinate to the Attorney General for India (AG).
5) Who won the French Open title 2014 for the ninth time on 8 June 2014?
Ans. Rafael Nadal of Spain
Note: He is the first men to win five French Open titles in a row. He defeated Novak Djokovic in the final.
6) Who was sworn-in as the first Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh after bifurcation on 8 June 2014?
Ans. Chandrababu Naidu
Note: Governor E S L Narasimhan administered the oath of Naidu and his cabinet at Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur on 8 June 2014.
7) World Blood Donor Day was observed across the world on 14 June 2014 with the theme?Visit: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
Ans. Safe blood for saving mothers.
8) Name the eminent Malayalam scientist-turned-writer who was selected for the prestigious Moortidevi Award for 2013 on 13 June 2014?
Ans. C Radhakrishnan
Note: He has been selected for his novel Theekkadal Katanhu Thirumadhuram. Moortidevi award is presented by the Bhartiya Jnanpith and carries cash prize of four lakh rupees, a plaque and a statue of goddess Saraswati.
9) Which state assembly passed a Bill on 13 June 2014 to put a complete ban on dance bars across the State?
10) Name the Indo-French Air Exercise, which was concluded on 13 June 2014 in Jodhpur Air Base?
Ans. Garuda V
Note: The exercise between the air forces of both countries started on 2 June 2014 saw various combat roles including Air to Air refueling.
11) India on 13 June 2014 became a permanent signatory to Washington Accord. The Accord was signed by National Board of Accreditation at a meet of International Engineering Alliance of WA member countries held in?
Ans. Wellington, New Zealand.
12) Narmada Control Authority (NCA) on 12 June 2014 gave its approval to Gujarat government to raise the height of Sardar Sarovar Dam on Narmada River in Kevadia to ........... meters from present 121.92 meters?
13) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 12 June 2014 released commemorative postage stamps on the 2014 FIFA World Cup. What is the slogan of FIFA World Cup 2014?
Ans. All In One Rhytm.
14) Name the four Standing Committees of the Cabinet which was decided to be discontinued by Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi on 10 June 2014?
Ans. 1) Cabinet Committee on Management of Natural Calamities
2) Cabinet Committee on Prices
3) Cabinet Committee on World Trade Organisation Matters
4) Cabinet Committee on Unique Identification Authority of India related issues
15) Who was appointed as the additional Principal Secretary to Prime Minister, Narendra Modi on 9 June 2014?
Ans. PK Mishra
Note: He is a retired IAS officer of 1972 batch of the Gujarat cadre.
16) Who was crowned as Miss USA 2014 on 8 June 2014?
Ans. Miss Nevada Nia Sanchez
17) Who was sworn-in as the President of Egypt in Cairo on 8 June 2014?
Ans. Abdel Fattah el-Sisi
Note: He is the fifth Egyptian President to come from Army and will be the president for four years.
18) Name the Foreign Minister of China who was on a two-day long visit to India from 8 June to 9 June 2014?Visit: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
Ans. Wang Yi
19) Name the leading NRI industrial who was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award by a UK-based business association on 13 June 2014?
Ans. Lord Swraj Paul
Note: He is the founder of the UK-based steel and engineering multinational company Caparo that first began operations in the West Midlands under the banner of a small company called L K Industrial.
20) Who was elected as the President of 69th Session of United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on 11 June 2014?
Ans. Sam Kahamba Kutesa
Note: He is Uganda’s Foreign Affairs Minister. The theme for the 69th session is “Delivering on and Implementing a Transformative Post-2015 Development Agenda”.
21) World Day against Child Labour was observed across the world on 12 June 2014 with the theme?
Ans. Extend social protection: combat child labour.
22) The three day Leh Festival began in Leh region of which state on 12 June 2014?
Ans. Jammu & Kashmir
23) Name the biography of 91-year-old-thespian Dilip Kumar which was released on 10 June 2014 in Mumbai by Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra and Aamir Khan?
Ans. The Substance and the Shadow: authored by Uday Tara Nayar
24) Who was appointed as the Commander-in-Chief of Strategic Forces Command on 13 June 2014?
Ans. Lt Gen Amit Sharma
Note: He replaced Vice Admiral SPS Cheema.
25) Which Indian won Silver Medal in men’s 10-meter air pistol event at the ISSF World Cup Shooting in Munich on 11 June 2014?
Ans. Jitu Rai
Note: The Gold was clinched by Pablo Carrera of Spain and Bronze was bagged by Pavlo Korostylov of Ukraine.
26) Canara Bank on 10 June 2014 opened its seventh overseas branch in which city?
Ans. New York, USA
27) Which former Indian cricket captain, joined the Mudgal Committee on IPL spot-fixing as an expert on cricketing affairs on 8 June 2014?
Ans. Sourav Ganguly
28) 40th G-7 summit 2014 was held from 4 June 2014 – 5 June 2014 at?
Ans. Justus Lipsius building, Brussels
29) UN General Assembly on 7 June 2014 announced an award in honour of which famous leader, who died recently?
Ans. Nelson Mandela
30) Jayalalithaa, the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, on 11 June 2014 launched which salt as a part of social welfare scheme in the state?
Ans. Amma Salt
Note: Amma Salt is manufactured by Tamil Nadu Salt Corporation limited (TNSC) under the State Industries Department.
31) Who was conferred with the prestigious Bharat Ratna JRD Tata Award for 2013 by the Aeronautical Society of India (ASI) on 9 June 2014?
Ans. Somasundaram of Airports Authority of India (AAI)
32) Who was appointed as President of Reliance Jio Infocomm on 10 June 2014?
Ans. Sunil Dutt
33) Which airport won the Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Award by Airport Council International (ACI) in the category of the best improved airport in Asia Pacific Region recently?Visit: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
Ans. Kolkata Airport
34) Who became the first speaker of Telangana Legislative Assembly on 10 June 2014?
Ans. Sirikonda Madhusudhana Chary
35) Which Power Plant on 8 June 2014 became India’s first nuclear plant to generate 1000 MW power?
Ans. Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant
36) 6th International Nuclear Energy Forum ATOMEXPO-2014 was held from 9 to 11 June 2014 at?
Ans. Moscow, Russia
37) State Cabinet of Maharashtra on 13 June 2014 approved the long pending proposal to bifurcate Thane district to carve out Palghar district from it. With the bifurcation there will be total how many districts in Maharashtra?
38) IUCN released the Red List of Threatened Species on 12 June 2014. Expand IUCN?
Ans. International Union for Conservation of Nature
39) Who was elected as 10th president of Israel on 10 June 2014?
Ans. Reuven Ruby Rivlin
40) Uttarakhand Assembly session was held for first time outside Dehradun from 9 June to 11 June 2014 at?
41) Who was sworn-in as the President of Ukraine in Kiev on 7 June 2014?
Ans. Petro Poroshenko
42) Who took charge as US interim Ambassador to India on 6 June 2014?
Ans. Kathleen Stephens