June 2014- First Week
Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Who was unanimously elected as Speaker of the 16th Lok Sabha on 6 June 2014?
Ans. Sumitra Mahajan
Note: She replaced Meria Kumar and became the second women presiding officer of the Lok Sabha. She was elected after a motion moved by Prime Minister Narendra Modi was adopted by voice vote called by pro tem Speaker Kamal Nath. Sumitra Mahajan, BJP Party leader from Indore constituency, is the longest serving woman Member of Parliament (MP) and this is her eighth terms as MP.
2) World Environment Day (WED) was observed across the world on 5 June 2014 with the theme?
Ans. Small islands and climate change and slogan raise your voice not the Sea level
3) Which state became the 29th State of India with Hyderabad as its capital on 2 June 2014?
4) Where is the Commonwealth Games (CWG) 2014 scheduled to be held from 23 July to 3 August 2014?
Ans. Glasgow, Scotland
5) Who was sworn-in as the pro tem Speaker of 16th Lok Sabha on 4 June 2014?
Ans. Kamal Nath
6) Who was given additional charge of the Ministries of Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and Drinking Water and Sanitation on 4 June 2014?
Ans. Nitin Jairam Gadkari
Note: Additional charges were given to him due to the death of Gopinath Munde who was holding the above ministries. Nithin Gadkari is already Union Minister for Surface Transport & Shipping.
7) Which state government on 3 June 2014 announced the enhancement of the retirement age of government employees from 58 to 60 years?
Ans. Jammu and Kashmir
8) Who was appointed as new test captain of South African cricket team on 3 June 2014?Visit: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
Ans. Hashim Amla
9) Who has topped the Forbes annual list of Most Powerful Women 2014 in the world?
Ans. German Chancellor, Angela Merkel
10) Who has sworn-in as the first Chief Minister of Telengana, which became the 29th state of Indian Union?
Ans. Chandrashekhar Rao
11) What is the name of World’s first humanoid robot that can communicate and read emotions which was unveiled in Japan on 5 June 2014 by a mobile phone company Softbank Corp?
12) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at .................. won the Roll of Excellence award, given by Airport Council International (ACI) in Seoul, South Korea on 27 May 2014?
13) India has overtaken Germany and Italy to emerge as the world's second largest textile exporter behind which country?
14) 40th G-7 summit 2014 was held from 4 June 2014 – 5 June 2014 at?
Note: Originally, a G8 summit was scheduled to take place in Sochi (Russia) in early June 2014 under a Russian presidency. Due to the Russian Federation's violation of Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity, the G7 leaders decided to meet in Brussels on 4-5 June 2014 in the G7 format instead.
15) Which country will become the 19th country to adopt Euro as a Single currency from 1 January 2015?
16) Which country on 5 June 2014 announced to introduce a new legislation bill Recall of Member of Parliament (M.P.) Bill, which will allow voters to sack misbehaving MPs?Visit: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
17) Who won the Presidential election for the third time in Syria recently?
Ans. President Bashar al-Assad
18) Who became the first Indian to receive the prestigious Harvard Medal on 29 May 2014?
Ans. Mahindra Group Chairman Anand G Mahindra
19) State government of Madhya Pradesh recently appointed whom as the brand ambassador of its maternal and child health campaign, Mamta Abhiyan?
Ans. Madhuri Dixit
20) Who took over the charge of Western Naval Command (WNC) as Commander-in-Chief on 6 June 2014?
Ans. Vice Admiral Anil Chopra
21) Who was appointed as Micromax Chairman on 5 June 2014?
Ans. Sanjay Kapoor
Note: Sanjay Kapoor was a former CEO of Bharti Airtel.
22) Who was sworn-in as the President of El Salvador on 1 June 2014?
Ans. Salvador Sanchez Ceren
23) Who was sworn-in as President of Malawi on 31 May 2014?
Ans. Peter Mutharika
24) Which Indian was on 5 June 2014 appointed as member of a UN Expert Panel on Technology and Innovation in UN peacekeeping?
Ans. Lieutenant General (retired) Abhijit Guha
25) What is India's position in the ICC ODI team rankings released on 4 June 2014?
Note: Australia at 1st position and Sri Lanka at second position.
26) Which Airport in India was ranked as second best airport in the world in service quality among airports that handle 25 to 40 million passengers per annum (MPPA)?
Ans. Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI) of Delhi
27) Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare in first week of June 2014 launched a new four-minute video titled .................. to highlight the health and economic impacts of tobacco consumption?
Ans. The Price We Pay
28) State government of Uttar Pradesh on 6 June 2014 constituted a four-member Special Investigating Team (SIT) to probe the Badaun gang rape and murder case. Who will head it?Visit: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
Ans. Circle Officer of Ujhaini, Mukesh Saxena
29) Who won the 2014 Bailey's Women's Prize for Fiction on 4 June 2014 for her first novel A Girl is a Half-Formed Thing?
Ans. Irish author Eimear McBride
30) Global Day of Parents was observed across the world on?
Ans. 1 June 2014