2) How many members can be nominated in Rajya Sabha by the President?
3) From which date the model code of conduct is enforced in elections?
(A)From the date of notification
(B)From the last date of filling the nomination
(C)From the last date of withdrawal of candidatures
(D)From the date of announcement of election schedule by the Election Commission
Ans. (D)From the date of announcement of election schedule by the Election Commission
4) Which amonst the following was not a constituent Assembly Member?
(B)Mrs. Hansa Mehta
(C)Mrs. Renuka Ray
Ans. (D)Vijaylaxmi Pandit
5) The theory which gave birth to the French Revolution and the Revolution in America is
(A)Legal theory of rights
(B)Theory of natural rights
(C)Social welfare theory
(D)Historical theory of rights
Ans. (B)Theory of natural rights
6) On which plate margins maximum volcanoes & earthquakes occur?
(A)Destructive Plate Margins
(B)Constructive Plate Margins
(C)Conservative Plate Margins
(D)None of the above
Ans. (B)Constructive Plate Margins
7) 180 degree Longitude is known as
(B)International Date Line
Ans. (B)International Date Line
8) The Asiatic Society of Bengal was founded by
(A)Sir James Grant
(C)Sir Wlliam Jones
Ans. (C)Sir Wlliam Jones
9) The Right which is a legal but not a fundamental right
(A)Freedom to move freely
(B)Right against expolitation
(C)Right to minorities to establish educational institutions
(D)Right to property
Ans. (D)Right to property
10) Which of the following is not a session of Lok Sabha?
Ans. (B)Summer session
11) The constitutional schedule which contain the list of recognised laguages of India is
Ans. (B)8th Schedule
12) In which sector, industries are included?
(D)None of the above
Ans. (B)Secondary Sector
13) When did Parliament passed the Consumer Protection Act?
(A)15th Decemebr, 1985
(B)24th Decemebr, 1986
(C)15th March, 1985
(D)24th Decemebr, 1987
Ans. (B)24th Decemebr, 1986
14) Coins in India are minted by
(A)Reserve Bank of India
(B)Satet Bank of India
(C)Government of India
Ans. (C)Government of India
15) The components of Human Development Index are
(A)Life expectancy, per capita GDP and sex ratio
(B)Sex ratio, educational attainment and pure drinking water
(C)Life expectancy, per capita GDP and educational attainment
(D)Per capita GDP, infrastructure and sex ratio
Ans. (C)Life expectancy, per capita GDP and educational attainment
16) The incident of Chauri-Chaura is associated with
(B)Civil Disobedience Movement
(C)Quit India Movement
Ans. (A)Non-cooperation Movement
17) In which states and union territories the sex ratio is in favour of Females (2011)?
(A)Kerala and Puducherry
(B)Kerala, Puducherry & Laksha-dweep
(C)Puducherry and Tamilnadu
(D)Tamilnadu and Laksha-dweep
Ans. (A)Kerala and Puducherry
18) Which of the following statements is/are correct about Reserve Bank of India?
(A)It is a Nationalised bank.
(B)It is the Central bank of India.
(C)It was established in 1935.
(D)All of the above
Ans. (D)All of the above
19) A personal account can not be opened in
(A)A Cooperative Bank
(B)A Scheduled Bank
(C)The Reserve Bank of India
(D)A Private bank
Ans. (C)The Reserve Bank of India
20) The Governor of Reserve Bank of India is
(A)Dr. D. Subbarao
(D)Raghuram RajanAns. (D)Raghuram Rajan