1) Uttar Pradesh governor BL Joshi resigned: Uttar Pradesh governor BL Joshi resigned from his post on Tuesday. BL Joshi sent his resignation papers to Union home ministry, according to reports. BL Joshi's resignation comes amid reports that Modi government has asked 7 UPA-appointed governors to step down. The seven governors who were told to step down are M K Narayanan in West Bengal, Sheila Dikshit in Kerala, Margaret Alva in Rajasthan, Kamla Beniwal in Gujarat, BL Joshi in UP, K Sankaranarayanan in Maharashtra and Devendra Konwar in Tripura.
2) Stuart Binny breaked Anil Kumble's 21-year-old ODI record: Surprised to find his name among the top-10 bowling performances of all time after breaking Anil Kumble's 21-year-old record, Indian allrounder Stuart Binny said seaming conditions played a huge role in his haul of 6 for 4 against Bangladesh.
Binny's brilliant performance helped India defend a meagre 105 against the hosts in the second ODI Match, who were let down by their batsmen after a fine show by the bowlers. The Indians now have a 2-0 lead in the three-match series. Taking six wickets by giving away just four runs in 04 overs, Binny broke Kumble's record of 6 for 12 against the West Indies in Hero Cup final back in 1993.
3) Vijay Kumar narrowly missed shooting final: Olympic silver medallist Vijay Kumar shot 582 to miss the final by one point in men’s rapid fire pistol in the shooting World Cup in Maribor, Slovenia, on Tuesday. The 28-year-old Vijay had shot 282 out of 300 on the first day of qualification with a series of 100, 96 and 96. On the second day, he shot 98, 96 and 96 in the 8-second, 6-second and 4-second series respectively. Christian Reitz of Germany beat China’s Zhan Jian 5-2 in a shoot-off for gold after the two had tied on 30.
4) ICICI Bank launched 'iMobile' app for Windows phones: Private sector lender ICICI Bank on Tuesday launched its mobile banking application 'iMobile' for Windows phones. The new app is available for download on the Windows Phone Store for mobile phones on the Windows 8 operating system. "With this new app, our mobile banking application is now available on all major platforms including iOS, Android and Blackberry," ICICI Bank director Rajiv Sabharwal said.
5) Finance Ministry appointed RC Lahoti as arbitrator in Vodafone tax case: The government has appointed former Chief Justice of India R C Lahoti as arbitrator in the Rs 20,000 crore tax dispute case with UK telecom major Vodafone. "Yes, he (Lahoti) has been appointed for arbitration from our side," a Finance Ministry official told PTI. The government's decision was in response to an arbitration notice served by Vodafone International Holdings B.V. in April under the Bilateral Investment Protection and Promotion Agreement between India and the Netherlands for resolving the dispute.