Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has issued notification for Civil Services Examination 2014. There are total 1291 posts in various services indicated below. Eligible candidates may apply online from 31-05-2014 to 30-06-2014 till 11.59 PM. Preliminary Examination for 2014 will be held on 24 August 2014.
Examination Notice No. 09/2014-CSP
Total No of Posts: 1291
Name of the Posts:
1. Indian Administrative Service
2. Indian Foreign Service
3. Indian Police Service
4. Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
5. Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
6. Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
7. Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
8. Indian Revenue Service (I.T), Group ‘A’.
9. Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
10. Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
11. Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
12. Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
13. Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
14. Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
15. Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
16. Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
17. Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
18. Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr III)
19. Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’
20. Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
21. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’
22. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’
23. Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
Starting Date for Submission of Online Applications: 31-05-2014.
Last Date for Submission of Online Applications: 30-06-2014 till 11.59 PM.
Last Date for Payment of Fee through ‘Pay by Cash’: 29-06-2014 at 23.59 hrs.
Last Date for Payment of Fee through Online mode: 30-06-2014 at 23.59 hrs.
Date of Preliminary Examination: 24-08-2014.
Date of Main Examination: December 2014.
Age Limit: Candidates age should be above 21 years and below 32 years as on 01-08-2014 i.e., he/ she must have been born not earlier than 02-08-1982 and not later than 01-08-1993. The upper age relaxation is 05 years for SC/ ST, 03 years for OBC and 10 years for PH candidates. Age relaxation is applicable as per rules.
Educational Qualification: Candidates must possess Degree or equivalent qualification of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University.
Application Fee: Candidates need to Pay Rs.100/- either by online or offline mode. No Fee for Female/ SC/ ST/ PH candidates.
Online Mode: Candidates can pay the prescribed fee through online mode by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ Sate Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card up to 30-06-2014 at 23.59 hrs.
Offline Mode: Candidates can pay the prescribed fee through ‘Pay by Cash’ mode, take print out of system generated Pay in slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only up to 29-06-2014 at 23.50 hrs.
Selection Process: The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages. Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination and Civil Services Main Examination (Written and Interview).
How to Apply: Eligible candidates may apply online through the UPSC website http://www.upsconline.nic.in from 31-05-2014 to 30-06-2014 till 11.59 PM. Retain printed copy of application form for future use.
For more details refer the official Notification released by UPSC from the below link
Read Official Notification: Click Here
Apply Online: Click Here