1) World Autism Awareness Day was recently observed on?
(A) 1 April 2014
(B) 3 April 2014
(C) 2 April 2014
(D) 4 April 2014
2) Reserve Bank of India( RBI) on 2 April 2014 granted "in-principle" approvals to which among the following entities for new bank licences?
(A) Aditya Birla Nuvo & Bajaj Finance
(B) Indiapost & IDFC
(C) Bandhan Financial Services & Muthoot Finance
(D) IDFC & Bandhan Financial Services
3) Which company recently received the Most Efficient Navratna Award 2013?
(A) Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL)
(B) Bharat Electronics Limited
(C) Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited
(D) Steel Authority of India Limited
4) Who was on 2 April 2014, appointed as the new Director General of BSF?
(A) Subhash Joshi
(B) D K Pathak
(C) Hormis Tharakan
(D) U K Bansal
5) Who was on 2 April 2014, named as the Kazakhstan’s new Prime Minister?
(A) Serik Akhmetov
(B) Daniyal Akhmetov
(C) Karim Massimov
(D) Imangali Tasmagambetov
6) Which country topped the social progress index published on 3 April 2014 that ranks countries by social and environmental performance rather than economic output?
(D) New Zealand
7) Election Commission (EC) confirmed which bollywood actor as its fifth national icon for the Lok Sabha elections 2014 on 1 April 2014?
(A) Shahrukh Khan
(B) Aamir Khan
(C) Amitabh Bachchan
(D) Salman Khan
8) Reserve Bank of India on 1 April 2014 adopted which index as the key measure of Inflation on the basis of recommendations of Urjit R Patel Committee?
(A) Consumer Price Index
(B) Market Price Index
(C) Wholesale Price Index
(D) Manufacturing Price Index
9) Name the Tata and Singapore Airlines (SIA) joint venture which got aviation Ministry nod on 2 April 2014?
(A) Singapore Airlines India
(B) Tata Airline SIA
(C) Tata SIA Airlines
(D) IndSing Airlines
10) Who was appointed as the Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India on 3 April 2014 for a period of three years?
(A) R. Gandhi
(B) K.C. Chakrabarty
(C) Urjit R. Patel
(D) H.R. Khan
1) Ans. (C) 2 April 2014
2) Ans. (D) IDFC & Bandhan Financial Services
3) Ans. (A) Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL)
4) Ans. (B) D K Pathak
5) Ans. (C) Karim Massimov
6) Ans. (D) New Zealand
7) Ans. (B) Aamir Khan
8) Ans. (A) Consumer Price Index
9) Ans. (C) Tata SIA Airlines
10) Ans. (A) R. Gandhi