1) Maldives President Abdulla Yameen’s party set for coalition rule: Maldives President Abdulla Yameen’s party is poised to win control of parliament with the support of a key ally, early projections in the Indian Ocean nation showed on Sunday. President Yameen’s Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) was leading in 34 out of the 85 constituencies after Saturday’s polls while his main ally, the Jumhooree Party (JP), was ahead in 15.
2) World Meteorological Day 2014 observed: World observed 'World Meteorological Day 2014' on March 23 with the theme “Weather and climate: engaging youth". The convention creating the World Meteorological Organization had come into force on this very day in 1950.
3) Dalai Lama released book on former PM Lal Bahadur Shastri: Dalai Lama on Sunday released 'Lal Bahadur Shastri: Lessons in Leadership', a biography that encapsulates former PM Lal Bahadur Shastri's life. The book presents a recollection of Shastri's childhood, his adult and public life poignantly narrated by his son, Anil Shastri and perceptively interpreted by Pavan Choudary.
4) ICC Twenty-20: India beat West Indies by 7 wickets: India defeated West Indies by 7 wickets in their second Group match of the ICC Twenty-20 Cricket World Cup at Dhaka last night. Put in to bat, West Indies posted 129 for 7. In reply, India overhauled the target with 2 balls to spare and 7 wickets in hand.
5) Air India defends title in Senior Men National C'ship: Defending champions Air India Sports Promotion Board retained their title after beating Comptroller & Auditor General of India 4-1 in an exciting final of the fourth Hockey India Senior Men National Championship 2014 (Division A) in Lucknow on Sunday.
6) RSPB lift senior women hockey national title : Railway Sports Promotion Board (RSPB) shocked defending Champions Haryana 4-0 to clinch the 4th Hockey India Senior Women National Championship (Division A) in Bhopal on Sunday.