1) World Forestry Day observed: World Forestry Day or International Day of Forests was celebrated worldwide every year on 21st of March at the international level in order to increase the public awareness among communities about the values, significance and contributions of the forests to balance the life cycle on the earth.
2) K.C. Chakrabarty resigned as RBI deputy governor: Reserve Bank of India (RBI) deputy governor K.C. Chakrabarty has submitted his resignation in a surprise move, nearly three months before the end of his term. An RBI spokesperson confirmed that Chakrabarty had resigned, saying he had sought a “slightly earlier departure”—25 April instead of 15 June, when his term was to end. Chakrabarty wanted to be relieved earlier from his post for “personal reasons”, the spokesperson said.Chakrabarty, who became RBI deputy governor on 15 June 2009, is in charge of the customer service department, the department of banking supervision, the department of currency management, the financial stability unit and the human resources management department, among others, at the central bank.
3) World T20: Netherlands stun Ireland, enter Super-10- Netherlands defeated Ireland by six wickets in their last Group B qualifying match of the ICC World Twenty20, in Sylhet on Friday.
4) India, Singapore win 2014 UN Water for Life award: India and Singapore won the 2014 edition of the UN-Water “Water for Life” Best Practices Award for their sustainable practices of water resources, authorities said on Friday.
5) Aditi Khanna became first women President of Indian Journalist's Association: Aditi Khanna was unanimously elected as the first women President of Indian Journalists’ Association (IJA) in London. This appointment of a lady as the President has happened for the first time in the 67-years long history of IJA.
6) Kuwait to host Arab Summit for first time: Kuwait is set to organize the Arab Summit 2014 for the first time in the country from March 25 to 26.
7) India defeated Pakistan in their inaugural match of ICC T20 World Cup 2014.