1) Election Commission on 05 March 2014 announced the dates for Lok Sabha polls. Over 814 million voters — constituting the biggest electorate in the world — will exercise their franchise to elect 543 members to the 16 th Lok Sabha in how many phases?
2) Telecom subscribers across the country can now register complaints by dialling which special toll free number as announced by Department of Telecom on 5 March 2014?
3) Which state became the first state in the country to observe Child Protection Day recently (Marc 2014)?
4) Peter Oppenheimer announced on 5 March 2014 that he will retire at the end of September as the CFO of which global company?
(D) General Motors
5) 6 March 2014 was observed as?
(A) International Womens Day
(B) World Kidney Day
(C) World Water Day
(D) World Dentist Day
6) Which state won the 27th Federation Cup Volleyball championship?
7) Delhi high court on 6 March 2014 cleared the nationwide release of Madhuri Dixit, Juhi Chawla-starrer Gulaab Gang. Who is the director of the movie?
(A) Anubhav Sinha
(B) Soumik Sen
(C) Madhuri Dixit
(D) Juhi Chawla
8) Australian cricket team has replaced India at number two position in the latest ICC Test team rankings. Which team is at No.1 position?
(A) South Africa
(D) Sri Lanka
9) Union Sports Minister Jitendra Singh on 6 March 2014 inaugurated the National Cycling Academy at?
(D) New Delhi
10) Misao Okawa, the oldest woman in the world, turned 116 on 6 March 2014. She is from which country?
1) Ans. (D) 9
2) Ans. (C) 1063
3) Ans. (B) Assam
4) Ans. (A) Apple
5) Ans. (D) World Dentist Day
6) Ans. (C) TamilNadu
7) Ans. (B) Soumik Sen
8) Ans. (A) South Africa
9) Ans. (D) New Delhi10) Ans. (C) Japan