1) World's biggest social networking company Facebook bought which mobile messaging firm in a deal valued at $19 billion on 20 February 2014?
(B) We Chat
2) Union Cabinet finally cleared "Equal Opportunities Commission" (EOC) as per the recommendation of which Committee on 20 February 2014?
(A) Justice Arvind Mayaram Committee
(B) Justice Sachar Committee
(C) Justice Santosh Hegde Committee
(D) Justice JS Mathur Committee
3) Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill 2013 was passed by Rajya Sabha on 20 Feb 2014 paving way for creation of which state?
4) Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) proposed to introduce Unique identity code having ............ digits for hallmarked jewels as announced on 20 Feb 2014?
5) Which telecom company became the first in India to cross 200 million customers mark recently (Feb 2014)?
(A) Bharati Airtel
6) Government in the interim Rail budget 2014 announced proposal to set up Indian Railway Institute of Financial Management (IRIFM) at which place?
(A) Rae Bareli
7) Which famous writer decided to publish his/her latest book 'The Silkworm' in June 2014 under the pseudonym, Robert Galbraith?
(A) Arvind Adiga
(B) Alice Munro
(C) J K Rowling
(D) Eleanor Catton
8) Senior IAS officer Yaduvendra Mathur has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director of which bank on 20 Feb 2014?
(A) Kerala Gramin Bank
(B) Punjab and Sind Bank
(C) Vijaya Bank
(D) Exim Bank
9) Footballer Wayne Rooney recently (Feb 2014) signed a contract extension with which club?
(A) Manchester United
(B) Real Madrid
(D) Manchester City
10) National Mission for a Green India (GIM) approved by Government recently proposed to increase the forest cover by...............?
(A) 60 million hectares
(B) 70 million hectares
(C) 40 million hectares
(D) 50 million hectares
1) Ans. (C) WhatsApp
2) Ans. (B) Justice Sachar Committee
3) Ans. (D) Telangana
4) Ans. (C) 9
5) Ans. (A) Bharati Airtel
6) Ans. (D) Secunderabad
7) Ans. (C) J K Rowling
8) Ans. (D) Exim Bank
9) Ans. (A) Manchester United
10) Ans. (D) 50 million hectares