Friends..as requested by many of you we are starting the Model Questions for PA/SA Exam 2014. In this first post we are posting the Aptitude Section Model Questions. Answers are provided and explanation in some questions. Try to solve yourself and check answers. In case any discrepancies comment below. More Model Questions will be posted daily..visit this blog regularly. Thankyou!!
1) An aeroplane covers a certain distance at a speed of 240 kmph in 5 hours. To cover the same distance in 1& 2/3 hours, it must travel at a speed of:
(A) 300 kmph
(B) 360 kmph
(C) 600 kmph
(D) 720 kmph
2) Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 kmph and including stoppages, it is 45 kmph. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
3) The average of 20 numbers is zero. Of them, at the most, how many may be greater than zero?
4) In the first 10 overs of a cricket game, the run rate was only 3.2. What should be the run rate in the remaining 40 overs to reach the target of 282 runs?
5) The angle of elevation of a ladder leaning against a wall is 60º and the foot of the ladder is 4.6 m away from the wall. The length of the ladder is:
(A) 2.3 m
(B) 4.6 m
(C) 7.8 m
(D) 9.2 m
6) Two ships are sailing in the sea on the two sides of a lighthouse. The angle of elevation of the top of the lighthouse is observed from the ships are 30º and 45º respectively. If the lighthouse is 100 m high, the distance between the two ships is:
(A) 173 m
(B) 200 m
(C) 273 m
(D) 300 m
7) The price of 10 chairs is equal to that of 4 tables. The price of 15 chairs and 2 tables together is Rs. 4000. The total price of 12 chairs and 3 tables is:
(A) Rs. 3500
(B) Rs. 3750
(C) Rs. 3840
(D) Rs. 3900
8) A man has Rs. 480 in the denominations of one-rupee notes, five-rupee notes and ten-rupee notes. The number of notes of each denomination is equal. What is the total number of notes that he has ?
9) An accurate clock shows 8 o'clock in the morning. Through how may degrees will the hour hand rotate when the clock shows 2 o'clock in the afternoon?
10) If 2994 ÷ 14.5 = 172, then 29.94 ÷ 1.45 = ?
1) Ans: D
Distance = (240 x 5) = 1200 km.
Speed = Distance/Time
Speed = 1200/(5/3) km/hr. [We can write 1 hours as 5/3 hours]
Required speed =(1200 x3/5) km/hr = 720 km/hr.
2) Ans. B
Due to stoppages, it covers 9 km less.
Time taken to cover 9 km =(9/54x 60) min = 10 min.
3) Ans. D
Average of 20 numbers = 0.
Sum of 20 numbers (0 x 20) = 0.
It is quite possible that 19 of these numbers may be positive and if their sum is a then 20th number is (-a).
4) Ans. A
Required run rate =(282 - (3.2 x 10))/40= 250/4 = 6.25
5) Ans. (D) 9.2 m
6) Ans. (C) 273 m
7) Ans. (D) Rs. 3900
8) Ans: D
Let number of notes of each denomination be x.
Then x + 5x + 10x = 480
16x = 480
x = 30.
Hence, total number of notes = 3x = 90.
9) Ans. D
Angle traced by the hour hand in 6 hours = (360/12x 6º)= 180º.
10) Ans. (C) 17.2
(Download PDF from printfreindly button below)