Latest Current Affairs from Second Week of February 2014 in PDF- useful for all competitive Examinations!!!!!
Prepared by: http://www.currentaffairs4examz.com
Febraury 2014 Current Affairs Questions and Answers for preparing Exams| IBPS | SSC CGL 2014| UPSC | Civil Services | Bank | LD Clerk and all other Competitive Examinations.
1) Name the Delhi Lt Governor who recommended President's rule in Delhi on 15 February 2014?
Ans. Najeeb Jung
2) Rakuten Inc on 15 Feb 2014 announced that it would purchase messaging app provider Viber Media Ltd for $900 million. Rakuten Inc is the company from which country?
3) Which among the following Indian player hit his maiden Test Century in the recently concluded Test Match series against New Zealand (Feb 2014)?
Ans. Ajinkya Rahane
4) Which bank has opened sixty-one 24x7 electronic branches across 33 cities, on 15 Feb 2014, offering self-service solutions round-the-clock?
5) India’s first 4G mobile service was launched on 14 February 2014 by Bharti Airtel in association with Apple in which city?
6) Which film won the best movie award in the 67th BAFTA Awards presented on 16 February 2014?
Ans. 12 Years A Slave
7) Brendon McCullum along with which other player posted highest sixth-wicket partnership in Test history on 16 February 2014?
Ans. BJ Watling
8) World Radio Day?
Ans. February 13
9) National Women’s Day was celebrated on 13 February 2014 across India. It was the birthday of?
Ans. Sarojini Naidu
10) Name the award winning film director and cinematographer who passed away on 13 February 2014?
Ans. Balu Mahendra
11) Who was awarded the All India Football Federation (AIFF) Player of the Year 2013 prize on 13 Feb 2014?
Ans. Sunil Chettri
12) Who was recognised as the sportsperson of the year in the FICCI awards presented recently on 13 Feb 2014?
Ans. Deepika Kumari
13) Arvind Kejriwal resigned as Chief Minister of Delhi on 14 Feb 2014 after............. turbulent days at the helm?
14) Name the volcano which erupted in Indonesia on 14 February 2014?
Ans. Mt. Kelud
15) Which country has recently (14 Feb 2014) become second country to allow mercy killing for children?
16) Who among the following has presented the interim railway budget for 2014-15 in Lok Sabha on 12 February 2014?
Ans. Mallikarjun Kharge
17) Who is new Managing Director of Yahoo India as announced on 12 Feb 2014?
Ans. Gurmit Singh
18) Which two Northeastern states are set to come on rail map as part of Railways’ extension of network in the Northeastern States as announced in the interim Railway Budget for 2014-15?
Ans. Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh
19) Which state defeated Rest of India by an innings and 222 runs at M. Chinnaswamy stadium in Bangalore on 12 Feb 2014 to win their 5th Irani Trophy?
20) Who among the following was the big winner in the IPL 7 auction held on 12 Feb 2014 fetching a record bid of Rs 14 crore from the Royal Challengers Bangalore?
Ans. Yuvraj Singh
21) Who is the author of the controversial book “The Hindus: An Alternative History”, which was withdrawn from India by its publisher Penguin Books India on 11 February 2014?
Ans. Wendy Doniger
22) Jatinder Bir Singh has been appointed Chairman and Managing Director of which Bank on 11 Feb 2014?
Ans. Punjab and Sind Bank (PSB)
23) International Olympic Committee (IOC) revoked ban on Indian Olympic Association (IOA) after how many months on 11 February 2014?
24) 8th Defence Expo which concluded recently (Feb 2014) was held at?
Ans. New Delhi
25) Vinod Sawhny is the new Chief Executive Officer of which company as announced on 11 Feb 2014?
Ans. Reliance Communications
26) Who has been elected new Prime Minister of Nepal on 10 February 2014?
Ans. Sushil Koirala
27) Which state has become India's first state with 100 percent sanitation coverage, according to a report of the drinking water and sanitation ministry released on 10 Feb 2014?
28) Who among the following has become the first person to clinch three gold medals in the Inter-Shoot Tri-series Shooting in the Air Pistol event held at the Hague, Netherlands on 10 Feb 2014?
Ans. Abhinav Bindra
29) Who among the following has been named top US philanthropist for 2013 recently (Feb 2014)?
Ans. Mark Zuckerberg
30) Yulia Lipnitskaya, 15-years-old, who became the youngest athlete to win a gold medal at the Winter Olympics is from which country?
31) Which cricketer joined hands with an NGO Navbharat Sewa Samiti to roll out a campaign named "Cancer Mukt Purvi Dilli" focussing on awareness, education and early detection of the disease on 10 Feb 2014?
Ans. Yuvraj Singh
32) Who has been selected as the new & first chairman of the revamped International Cricket Council (ICC) board on 8 February 2014?
Ans. N. Srinivasan
33) Who has been appointed as the new chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) on 8 Feb 2014?
Ans. RK Tewari
34) Who was on 9 Feb 2014, elected as the new President of Indian Olympic Association (IOA), which paved the way of India's return to the Olympic fold from the suspension by its parent body IOC 14 months ago?
Ans. N Ramachandran
35) Recently (Feb 2014), who became the only the 2nd player after former English captain Graham Gooch to hit a triple century and a century in the same test match?
Ans. Kumar Sangakkara
36) What is the name of Google’s new corporate video-conferencing product which was launched on 6 February 2014?