1) Delhi Lt Governor recommends President's rule in Delhi: Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung has recommended for President's rule in his report submitted to the President on Saturday on the follow up action in the wake of resignation of the Aam Aadmi Party Government. LG has also rejected recommendation for dissolution of Delhi Assembly and suggested suspended animation of Delhi assembly.
2) Japan’s Rakuten to buy Viber messaging app for $900 million: Japan’s largest online retailer Rakuten Inc said on Friday it would purchase messaging app provider Viber Media Ltd for $900 million in a move that would more than double its number of registered users. Rakuten “decided to acquire Viber to strengthen its global platform through the use of Viber’s range of customers in the Japanese company’s e-commerce and digital contents services,” company chairman Hiroshi Mikitani said in a statement.
3) AAP to contest LS polls under Kejriwal’s leadership: A day after Arvind Kejriwal stepped down as Delhi Chief Minister, Aam Aadmi Party on Saturday made it clear that it would contest the Lok Sabha polls under his leadership.
4) U19 World Cup- India won the 1st match beating Pakistan: Defending champions India opened their campaign in style coasting to a 40-run win against Pakistan in a Group A match of the ICC Under 19 Cricket World Cup at Dubai International Stadium on Saturday. Chasing a record total of 263, Pakistan were bowled out for 222 in 48.4 overs despite a despite a century opening stand between skipper Sami Aslam (64) and Imam ul Haq (39). Off break bowler Deepak Hooda wreaked havoc thereafter ripping through the middle order to claim five for 41.
5) Ajinkya Rahane slams maiden Test Century: On Saturday, Ajinkya Rahane helped India put up a big score after they managed to bowl New Zealand out yesterday for less than 200 runs. Rahane scored his maiden Test hundred as he finished with 118 runs. India scored 438 runs in their first innings and had a lead of 246 runs. Before this Rahane's best score in Test cricket was 96 runs, which he made against South Africa in Durban.
6) Candidates can e-file nominations in Lok Sabha polls: Candidates for the Lok Sabha elections would be able to e-file their nominations and affidavits, in a move aimed to bring about faster dissemination of information about the candidates, Election Commissioner H.S. Brahma said Saturday. The e-filing, a web-based form, would be in addition to filing the nomination in paper form. The Election Commission will soon ask the government to modify the current rules to make e-filing mandatory.
7) ICICI Bank opens 24X7 self-service electronic branches: ICICI Bank has opened sixty-one 24x7 electronic branches across 33 cities. Eight of these electronic branches are in Tamil Nadu, including one at Coimbatore. The project is currently in the trial phase. “This initiative of an automated branch offering self-service solutions round-the-clock aims to provide customers an opportunity to leverage technology and transact at their convenience,” its Executive Director Rajiv Sabharwal said.
8) Javed Miandad resigned as Director General of Countries Cricket: Javed Miandad resigned as Director General of Countries Cricket. He is a former test captain of Pakistan. Javed sent his resignation to Najam Sethi.