1) Karnataka beat Maharashtra to win their 7th Ranji Trophy: Favourites Karnataka deservedly won their seventh Ranji Trophy title after beating a spirited Maharashtra side by seven wickets on the fifth and concluding day of the final match on Sunday. Chasing a modest victory target of 157 in little over two sessions, Karnataka batsmen reached the destination with ease as they knocked off the runs in 40.5 overs. Karnataka is lifting the Ranji trophy after 15-year wait.
2) Harish Rawat takes oath as new CM of Uttarakhand: Senior Congress leader Harish Rawat on Saturday took oath as Chief Minister of Uttarakhand after he was named for the post by the Congress Party. Uttarakhand governor Aziz Qureshi administered the oath of office and secrecy to Rawat.
3) 12 Indian sailors missing as ship sinks off Yemen: A total of 12 Indian sailors have been missing since their cargo ship sank off the coast of Yemen`s Hadramout province, authorities said.
4) Former Mumbai top cop Satyapal Singh joins BJP: Former Mumbai police commissioner Satyapal Singh, who had resigned last week, on Sunday joined BJP saying he left a "good chair" to take part in the "remaking" of the country.
5) Sukhoi fighters ‘will test out’ BrahMos missiles: The supersonic BrahMos missiles will be fitted on to Sukhoi-30 fighter jets and will be ready for live flight tests by the year end before being inducted into the air force.
6) Voting ends in Thailand: Voters went to the polls in 89 per cent of Thailand’s 375 constituencies nationwide on Sunday, in an election marred by an opposition boycott and efforts by protesters to block the process. There were no reports of violence Sunday, although a clash on Saturday between opposing groups in northern Bangkok left seven injured.
7) Youth slaps Haryana CM in full public view, held: A youth slapped Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, who was riding an open jeep, in full public view in Panipat this evening and was taken into custody immediately. The Chief Minister had gone to Panipat, some 80-km from Delhi, to inaugurate and lay foundation stone of various projects. As Hooda’s Maruti Gypsy was making its way through the crowded places, a youth identified as Kamal Mukhija broke the security ring and slapped the Chief Minister.
8) Antony inaugurated work on Kannur airport: Defence Minister A K Antony on Sunday launched work on Kannur airport which will be the fourth international airport of Kerala. Speaking after the ‘ground-breaking’ ceremony of the first phase of the Rs. 1,590 crore project, he said commencement of the work marked the realisation of a long-cherished dream of the region.The agreement between the state government and L&T Mumbai to undertake the first phase was finalised in November last. Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode and Nedumbassery in Kochi are the international airports in the state now.
9) AIADMK, CPI announced alliance for LS polls: Attempting to form a "secular and democratic alternative" to dethrone Congress from power at the Centre, AIADMK and CPI on Sunday announced their decision to enter into an alliance ahead of the coming Lok Sabha polls.