1) Which country emerged overall champions with a rich haul of 92 medals (37 Gold, 27 Silver and 28 Bronze) in the 3rd Lusofonia Games 2014 which concluded at Goa on 29 January 2014?
2) In a first of its kind venture, six public sector undertakings (PSUs) including state-run Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) on 29 January 2014 announced joining hands to set up world’s largest 4,000 MW ultra mega solar power project in which state?
3) Google is set to sell Motorola's smartphone business to which company, the world's largest maker of personal computers for $2.9 billion, as announced on 30 Jan 2014?
4) Union Government on 30 Jan 2014 raised the quota of subsidised LPG to how many cylinders per household in a year from nine at present and also put on hold paying users the subsidy into bank accounts using Aadhaar platform?
5) Nation on 30 January 2014 paid homage to Mahatma Gandhi on his .....th death anniversary?
6) Kathy Cross on 30 January 2014 became the first woman to be inducted in an ICC umpires' panel. She is from which country?
(B) New Zealand
(D) South Africa
7) Indian Rupee became legal tender in which country on 30 January 2014 alongwith the currencies of China, Japan and Australia?
8) India Post on 30 January 2014 announced an ambitious plan to install as many as 3,000 ATMs and 1.35 lakh micro-ATMs at its post offices across the country for savings account holders. India Post comes under which ministry in Union Government?
(A) Minstry of Posts
(B) Ministry of Human Resource Development
(C) Ministry of Communication & IT
(C) Minystry of Labour
9) Officers of the three premier services - IAS, IPS and IFoS - will now spend a minimum of how many years at each posting and new appointments/transfer will only be done upon the recommendation of a civil services board as per the new rules announced on 30 January 2014?
10) Google has on 30 Jan 2014 decided to sell Motorola phone business to Lenovo for $2.9 billion. In which year Google acquired Motorola?
1) Ans. (C) India
2) Ans. (D) Rajasthan
3) Ans. (B) Lenovo
4) Ans. (D) 12
5) Ans. (A) 66
6) Ans. (B) New Zealand
7) Ans. (C) Zimbabwe
8) Ans. (C) Ministry of Communication & IT
9) Ans. (D) 2
10) Ans. (A) 2012