1) India on 23 Jan 2014 celebrated the 117th birth anniversary of which among the following nationalist leader?
(A) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(B) Subhas Chandra Bose
(C) Sardar Vallabhai Patel
(D) Lal Bahadur Shashtri
2) India`s Olympic bronze medallist shuttler Saina Nehwal dropped to which place in the latest released rankings by Badminton World Federation (BWF) on 23 Jan 2014?
3) Railways on 23 January 2014 decided to earmark which berth number in coach S-1 in all the trains having security escort, which will act as a sort of security picket?
4) Which state bagged the prestigious United Nations World Tourism Organisation’s Ulysses Award for “innovation in public policy and governance” on 23 January 2014?
(C) Uttar Pradesh
5) Cumbria University of which country on 23 January 2014 becomes the first public university to accept fees in digital currency 'Bitcoin'?
6) A 60-day state of emergency was imposed in which South-East country’s capital on 21 January 2014?
7) Kailash Meghwal was on 22 January 2014 elected as the Speaker of which among the following state Assemblies?
(C) Madhya Pradesh
8) Which among the following Indian-American professor was on 23 Jan 2014 appointed as the Dean of Harvard College in the United States?
(A) Rakesh Khurana
(B) Soumitra Dutta
(C) Nitin Nohria
(D) Sunil Kumar
9) Which soccer club on 23 January 2014 retained title of world's richest soccer club?
(B) Real Madrid
(C) Manchester United
(D) Manchester City
10) India's Sania Mirza and her partner Horia Tecau stormed into the semifinals of the mixed doubles event at the Australian Open on 23 January 2014. Horia Tecau is from which country?
1) Ans. (B) Subhas Chandra Bose
2) Ans. (C) 9
3) Ans. (A) 71
4) Ans. (D) Kerala
5) Ans. (C) UK
6) Ans. (B) Thailand
7) Ans. (D) Rajasthan
8) Ans. (A) Rakesh Khurana
9) Ans. (B) Real Madrid10) Ans. (D) Romania