1) National Girl Child Day was observed across the nation on 24 Jan 2014. It commemorates the day when Indira Gandhi was sworn in as the first woman prime minister of the country on January 24 in which year?
2) Which one of the following is the first National Park of India?
(A)Jim Corbett National Park
(B)Bandipur National Park
(C)Kanha National Park
(D)Sariska National Park
3) Which among the following bank has strengthened its social media presence with the launch of its Youtube channel on 24 January 2014?
(A) ICICI Bank
(B) Bharatiya Mahila Bank
(C) Indian overseas Bank
(D) State Bank of India
4) On 6th April 1909, who became the first person to reach the North Pole?
(A)Richard E. Byrd
(B)Robert Edwin Peary
5) Hockey India on 24 January 2014 unveiled the charismatic trophy & Mascot ‘Gaurav’ meaning Pride of Hero Hockey India League in New Delhi. This is the ...... edition of HIL?
6) Top seeds Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci beat Russia's Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina 6-4 3-6 7-5 to retain the Australian Open women's doubles title 2014. They are from which country?
7) Rafael Nadal on 24 Jan 2014 entered the finals of Australian Open 2014 beating which player in the semi finals?
(A) Andy Murray
(B) Novak Djokovic
(C) Roger Federer
(D) Juan Martin Del Potro
8) Micromax, India’s leading and world’s 11th largest handset maker on 23 Jan 2014 launched its operations in which among the following countries?
(D) South Africa
9) India and which country on 24 January 2014 launched the Year of Friendly Exchanges at a colourful Republic Day reception in New Delhi attended by Vice President Li Yuanchao of that country?
(B) South Korea
10) Which of the following is also known as “ Silicon valley of India”?
1) Ans. (B) 1966
2) Ans. (A)Jim Corbett National Park
3) Ans. (D) State Bank of India
4) Ans. (B)Robert Edwin Peary
5) Ans. (B) Second
6) Ans. (D) Italy
7) Ans. (C) Roger Federer
8) Ans. (C) Russia
9) Ans. (A) China
10) Ans. (B)Bangalore