1) Henrique de Castro, the chief operating officer of which among the following companies quit his job on 16 January 2014?
2) Which telecom company is in talks to buy out Mumbai-based Loop Mobile in a deal that will give the telecom major about three million customers as announced on 16 Jan 2014?
(A) Bharati Airtel
(B) Vodafone India
(C) Tata Docomo
3) A two-day voting was held in which country on 14 and 15 January 2014 on a draft for country’s next constitution?
4) Hong Kong and Macau, the two Special Administrative Regions of which country were included in the sensitive list of countries by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 16 Jan 2014?
5) Which Meteorological Data Processing System was dedicated to the nation on 15 January 2014 on the occasion of 139th Foundation Day of India Meteorological Department (IMD)?
(A) INSAT 4B
(B) INSAT 3D
(C) INSAT 5C
(D) INSAT 4A
6) Department of Disability Affairs organized “SAMARTH 2014: Celebrating Diversity", a national festival for showcasing the abilities of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) on 15 – 16 January 2014 at New Delhi. Department of Disability Affairs is under which ministry?
(A) Human Resource Development
(B) Health and Family Welfare
(C) Social Justice and Empowerment
7) Garry Kenneth Toomey on 16 January 2014 resigned as the CEO of which prominent Indian airline company?
(A) Jet Airways
(B) Spice Jet
(D) Air India
8) Name the Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS), the 3rd in the series of 20 Fast Patrol Vessels (FPVs) which has been commissioned into Indian Navy on 16 January 2014?
9) Which public sector bank and SBI Cards have joined hands for roll-out of credit cards to customers of the earlier on 16 January 2014?
(A) Bank of Baroda
(B) Vijaya Bank
(C) Bharatiya Mahila Bank
(D) Indian Bank
10) Which country has retained the No.1spot in the latest rankings released by FIFA on 16 Jan 2014?
1) Ans. (D) Yahoo
2) Ans. (A) Bharati Airtel
3) Ans. (C) Egypt
4) Ans. (D) China
5) Ans. (B) INSAT 3D
6) Ans. (C) Social Justice and Empowerment
7) Ans. (A) Jet Airways
8) Ans. (B) Abhinav
9) Ans. (C) Bharatiya Mahila Bank
10) Ans. (D) Spain