1) ISRO on 5 January 2014 successfully launched GSLV-D5 powered by an indigenous cryogenic engine which effortlessly put which 1,982-kg satellite into a perfect orbit after 17 minutes of flight?
(A) GSAT- 5
(D) INSAT- 11
2) Who took over as the president of National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) recently?
(A) R. Chandrashekhar
(B) Som Mittal
(C) Kiran Karnik
(D) Dewang Mehta
3) Delhi Minister Rakhi Birla’s car was attacked on 5 January 2014 evening by some unidentified persons in Mangolpuri area. She is holding which portfolio in Arvind Kejiriwal led Delhi cabinet?
(A) Health & Industry
(B) Transport, Food supplies and Environment
(C) Law and Tourism
(D) Women and Child Development
4) On 5 January 2014, which party in Bangladesh secured an absolute majority in the Parliamentary elections?
(A) Bangladesh Awami League Party
(B) Bangladesh Jatiya Party-BJP
(C) Communist Party of Bangladesh
(D) Bangladesh Jamat Islami
5) Who among the following has won men’s Chennai Open Tennis Trophy 2013?
(A) Somdev Burman
(B) Roger Vasselin
(C) Stanislas Wawrika
(D) David Federer
6) World Braille Day is observed on which of the following days?
(A) January 3
(B) January 4
(C) January 5
(D) January 6
7) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance recently launched an all women branch at which place?
8) Former football player Eusebio da Silva Ferreira died on 5 January 2014 due to heart attack. He belongs to which country?
9) Aditya Joshi, a young shuttler on 5 January 2014 became the first male junior badminton player from India to be ranked top in the world. He is from which state?
(B) Andhra Pradesh
(C) Madhya Pradesh
10) Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck and Queen Jetsun Pema Wangchuck arrived in New Delhi on a five-day visit to India on 6 January 2014. He is the King of which country?
1) Ans. (C) GSAT-14
2) Ans. (A) R. Chandrashekhar
3) Ans. (D) Women and Child Development
4) Ans. Bangladesh Awami League Party
5) Ans. (C) Stanislas Wawrika
6) Ans. (B) January 4
7) Ans. (D) Pune
8) Ans. (B) Portugal
9) Ans. (C) Madhya Pradesh
10) Ans. (A) Bhutan