1) Which footballer was awarded the 2013 FIFA Ballon d'Or award in Zurich on 13 January 2014?
(A) Lionel Messi
(B) Cristiano Ronaldo
(C) Franck Ribery
2) The Althing, the oldest functioning legislative assembly in world, is the parliament of which country?
3) Long jumper Anju Boby George was awarded gold medal nine years after her second place finish at the 2005 Monaco World Athletics Final, on 14 January 2014, after winner Tatyana Kotova (Russia) was stripped off her gold medal having been found guilty of doping. Anju thus becomes the .........th Indian athlete to clinch a gold medal in a major world track and field event?
4) Which is the only metal that exists in liquid form at normal room temprature (25 degree Celsius)?
5) Vijay Zol was named the captain of Indian ICC Under-19 World Cup squad, the event which is to be held in February 2014. Which country is hosting the ICC Under-19 World Cup?
6) Google buys out Nest Labs, smart thermostat and smoke alarm-maker, in a $3.2-billion deal on 14 January 2014. Its Google second largest acquisition after the $12.5-billion purchase of which mobile phone maker in 2012?
7) Nadine Angerer has been voted the best women's football player in the world for 2013 by FIFA on 13 January 2014. She is the football player from which country?
8) Which state became the first state to withdraw FDI in Multibrand Retail on 13 January 2013?
(A) West Bengal
9) Name the Chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), whose term has been extended by Union Government on 14 January 2014 for a period of another two years?
(A) Bimal Jalan
(B) C Rangarajan
(C) U K Sinha
(D) D Subbarao
10) On 7th April 1875, in which city did Swami Dayanand Saraswati found the Arya Samaj?
1) Ans. (B) Cristiano Ronaldo
2) Ans. (A)Iceland
3) Ans.(A) First
4) Ans. (A)Mercury
5) Ans. (D) UAE
6) Ans. (C) Motorola
7) Ans. (D) Germany
8) Ans. (B) Delhi
9) Ans. (C) U K Sinha
10) Ans. (C)Mumbai