Current Affairs & GK Quiz: 30 & 31st December 2013
1) Who took over as the 24th chief of the Indian Air Force, succeeding Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne on 31 December 2013?
(A) Fali Homi Major
(B) Arup Raha
(C) Pradeep Vasant Naik
(D) Arun Pal Tyagi
2) What was the result of the two match test series played between India and South Africa which concluded in Durban on 30-December-2013?
(A) Series Drawn
(B) India won the series
(C) No result
(D) South Africa won the series
3) International Petroleum Conference 2014 (PETROTECH 2014) to be held in which city in January 2014 as announced recently?
(C) New Delhi
4) Which country on 30 December 2013 banned its officials from smoking in public places?
5) ATP Chennai Open Tennis tournament began in Chennai on 30-Dec-2013. Who is the top seed in the competition?
(A) Rafael Nadal
(B) Stanislas Wawrinka
(C) Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi
(D) Rohan Bopanna
6) Name the Chairman of Hindustan Motors Limited who resigned from the board on 29 December 2013?
(A) Chandra Kant Birla
(B) Cyrus Mistri
(C) Naina Lal Kidwai
(D) Sidharth Birla
7) Which country strengthened their position as the number-one ranked side on the ICC Test Team Rankings table released on 31-December-2013?
(C) South Africa
8) Which chennai born writer won the Booker Prize 2008 for his debut novel 'The White Tiger'?
9) Which among the following is the measuring unit of electric current?
10) Due to its ability to dissolve glass, which acid is not kept in glass container?
1) Ans. (B) Arup Raha
2) Ans. (D) South Africa won the series
3) Ans. (C) New Delhi
4) Ans. (B) China
5) Ans. (B) Stanislas Wawrinka
6) Ans. (A) Chandra Kant Birla
7) Ans. (C) South Africa
9) Ans. (D)Aravind Adiga
10) Ans. (D)Ampere
Ans. (D)Hydrofluoric Acid