1) How many persons have been conferred with India’s second highest civilian award Padma Vibhushan for 2014 on 25 January 2014?
2) Speed of sound is maximum in which among the following?
3) Election Commission of India celebrated the 4th National Voters Day across the country on which day of January recently?
(A) January 23
(B) January 21
(C) January 25
(D) January 26
4) Which among the following is Southern Most point of India?
5) Sania Mirza and her Romanian partner Horia Tecau lost in the final of Australian Open mixed doubles 2014 on 25 Jan 14. Sania had lifted Australian Open mixed doubles title with Mahesh Bhupathi in which year?
6) Which among the following is a common salt in Detergents?
7) The nationalization of Banks in India took place in 1969 by ____?
(A)An Act of Parliament of India
(B)An Ordinance Promulgated by President of India
(C)An amendment of Constitution of India
(D)A Notification by Government of India
(A) Serena Williams
(B) Victoria Azarenka
(C) Dominika Cibulkova
(D) Li Na
9) Which among the following is oldest living language of India?
10) Who among the following sports person has been awarded the Padma Bhushan 2014 by Union Government on 25 Jan 2014?
(A) Yuvraj Singh
(B) Leander Paes
(C) Sachin Tendulkar
(D) Dipika Pallikkal
1) Ans. (A) 2 (B.K.S. Iyengar, the renowned Yoga guru and R.A. Mashelkar, former chief of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
2) Ans. (A)Solids
3) Ans. (C) January 25
4) Ans. (C)Indira Point
5) Ans. (A) 2009
6) Ans. (A) Sulphate
7) Ans. (B)An Ordinance Promulgated by President of India
8) Ans. (D) Li Na
9) Ans. (B)Tamil
10) Ans. (B) Leander