1) Justice (retd.) A.K. Ganguly had resigned on 6 January 2014 from his position as chairperson of the Human Rights Commission of which state, after he was accused by a law intern of making improper sexual advances?
(C) West Bengal
(D) Tamil Nadu
2) Film actor Uday Kiran who was one of the youngest winners of the filmfare award as best actor allegedly committed suicide on 6 January 2014. He was from which film industry?
3) Who was confirmed by US Senate on 6 January 2014 as the first woman to lead the US Federal Reserve (America’s central bank) in its 100 year history?
(A) Condolisa Rice
(B) Janet Yellen
(C) Susan Zones
(D) Winfra Janet
4) What is the name of India’s satellite-based flight navigation system which has been certified by aviation regulator DGCA, recently?
5) Which India player on 6 January 2014 won the Open du Gard squash title, the PSA Challenger 5 event?
(A) Mahesh Mangaokar
(B) Saurav Ghosal
6) In which year Mahatma Gandhi was chosen as Person of the Year by United States Time Magazine?
7) Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij (KLM) is the airline of which of the following countries?
8) Which among the following is largest producer of wheat in India?
(B) Uttar Pradesh
(D) Madhya Pradesh
9) Which among the following neighboring country sources its entire requirement of petrol, diesel and jet fuel from India?
10) The term "Mint Road" refers to which among the following?
(A)State Bank of India
(B)Reserve Bank of India
(C)Ministry of Finance
(D)Government of India Mint at Mumbai
1) Ans. (C) West Bengal
2) Ans. (D) Telugu
3) Ans. (B) Janet Yellen
4) Ans. GPS Aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN)
5) Ans. (A) Mahesh Mangaokar
6) Ans. (A)1930
7) Ans. (B)Netherlands
8) Ans. (B) Uttar Pradesh
9) Ans. (D) Mauritius
10) Ans. (B) Reserve Bank of India