1) Ariel Sharon passed away at the age of 85 on 12 January 2014. He was the former Prime Minister of which country?
2) Who has topped the 'World's most admired people poll' by YouGov for The Times released on 12 January 2014?
(A) Barack Obama
(B) Sachin Tendulkar
(C) Vladimir Putin
(D) Bill Gates
3) Which of the following entity secured both the Women's and Men's titles at the 75th Senior National Table Tennis Championship held at Patna which concluded on 11 January 2014?
(A) Indian Railways
(C) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
(D) Petroleum Sports Promotion Board (PSPB)
4) Swami Vivekananda’s 150th birth anniversary (National Youth Day) was celebrated with fervour throughout the country on 12 January 2014. In which year Government of India declared 12 January every year as the National Youth Day?
5) Elliptic Vault, world’ first Bitcoin storage service that insures deposits of the digital currency against hackers and accidental loss, was opened on 12 January 2014 at which place?
6) Sheikh Hasina was on 12 January 2014, sworn-in as the Prime Minister of Bangladesh for the third time along with her 48 cabinet members. In which year she first became PM of her country?
7) Which former India captain was honoured with the C K Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award by the BCCI at its seventh annual awards ceremony in Mumbai on 11 January 2014?
(A) Sachin Tendulkar
(B) Sunil Gavaskar
(C) Saurav Ganguly
(D) Kapil Dev
8) The nation on 11th January 2014 paid glowing tributes to which former Prime Minister on his 48th death anniversary?
(A) Lal Bahadur Shastri
(B) P V Narsimha Rao
(C) Rajiv Gandhi
(D) Jawahar Lal Nehru
9) GDP growth rate of Indian economy for 2011-12 will be revised from 6.2 to about............. percent to correct a miscalculation due to faulty data produced earlier as announced on 12 January 2014?
10) The minimum voting age in India was reduced from 21 to 18 by which following constitutional amendment?
(C) 61st(D) 63rd